Thursday, April 14, 2005

What Happened To the Jetsons Lifestyle?


I want to live like these folks Posted by Hello


It's 2005 and we are still not living like the Jetsons. What the fuck happened? When I was in elementary/middle school back in the 80's everyone had us believing that we'd be flying around in those Jetsons cars and living like them. I have no Rosie rolling around my house. Not even Astro for that matter. There are no moving sidewalks, no popping a pill as a meal and being full, just the same old shit there was 20 years ago! I want to fly to work and then fold that car up in a suitcase!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right! They always taught us that by 2000 we would be in a "space age" where it would be just like them. We are still driving the same cars, still boarding the same trains, and still walking on sidewalks!

Bridget Unnel said...

You mean that Rosie the Robot I ordered thru the guy on eBay last week is a scam? Damn... I thought I was finally keeping up with the Jetsons after a life of keeping up with the Joneses.

supplymadam said...

I have moving floors and flying cars. Am I in my own world?

Kristi said...

uh yes the old space travel. buildings so high up off the ground we need jet packs to get to them. WE can't see the tops of them for that matter cause they are jst floating up there.
thats for the upper class you know. They have them. Thats why we are still all here on the ground.
SupplyMadam is clearly waaaay out of our league! Don't let her know.......

supplymadam said...

heeheee Kristi!