Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Star Wars "Revenge of the Stupidity"

Some fucked up Star Wars fans have already started camping out on line in front of theaters in Los Angeles for tickets for the final episode of Star Wars. The thing is, the movie and tickets don't go on sale for FIVE more weeks. I just saw these wackos on the news and they are going to camp out the entire FIVE weeks just so they can be the first to see the movie. What is wrong with people? The movie will be in theaters for probably three months, then on to DVD, yet you have to put your entire life on hold for FIVE weeks just so you can be first on line opening night? Imagine having to sit next to one of these unwashed smelly assholes in the theater after their five weeks on a sidewalk? On top of it, they are dressed in Star Wars costumes. So not only are they acting like douche bags, now they look like douche bags too. I love the Yankees, Bruce Springsteen, and a host of other entertainers and movies, but you can bet your sweet ass I would not sit on a fuckin' sidewalk for FIVE weeks to get tickets. If I did not actually see these people being interviewed, I would not have believed the story. It amazes me just how stupid people are. On top of it all, they are lined up at the WRONG theater and they refuse to leave!!!!!!!

4 comments:

JRae said...

Yes, people take it too far!! Outside my work yesterday were some girls waiting in line outside Best Buy to see Mariah Carey appear in the store tonight. Now the line's around the block. Waiting 2 days? For MARIAH CAREY?!!!! BLEGH!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah I know it crazy what people do. They are almost like those people that decorate their entire office in "sport periphenalia."

Molly said...

I definitely think it is a level of dorkdom, but sometimes I think it might be fun to have that sort of passion for something that you think it is worth it to pass five weeks of your life by just waiting. I can't imagine anything that would make me want to do that...

supplymadam said...

I never got the whole Star Wars thing. How can something so ridiculous actuallly form a cult following. It just baffles me. These people call themselves Trekies. Wha the hell is that all about? If you ask me I think thaey are are the wrong " trek" Like the Crazy Train!