Friday, April 29, 2005

Vodka Challenge:Taste Test


Take The Grey Goose Challenge Posted by Hello

Ok, so this is my first official drunken blog post. I just got in from Happy Hour up the street here in the beautiful City By The Sea, known as Long Beach, NY. Tonight, I did something different. The half price drinks helped me out on this one. I decided to take the Vodka challenge. I Had a FULL drink of EVERY Vodka the bar carried, starting with the cheapest and working my way up to top shelf. Here are my results:

The Worst:

Georgi
Leeds
Smirnoff
Finlandia


If you want a violent hangover, these are the ones to pick. Cheap at the bar, cheap at the liquor store, these will get you sick in a HURRY!

Middle Of The Road:

Absolut
Stoli
Belvedere
SKYY


These won't make you as sick, but still have an after-taste. They are par for the course

Top Of The Line:

Kettle One
Grey Goose


These have no taste, go down SMOOTH as silk! Cost a great deal more, but well worth it!

All of you that know me are aware that I have a bar in my home as large as some bars you patronize. I have a big range of vodkas on hand as well as 100's of other liquors. On top of that, I am indeed a NYS licensed bartender. Grey Goose is the way to go when ordering a Vodka drink. Great taste, and NO hangover! Off to shower and head back into town for a crrrrrrrrrrrrazy night! later peeps!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be hungover today for sure! Good thing it's a rainy Saturday! :)

Bridget Unnel said...

HOW ARE YOU FEELING THIS MORNING?

WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN "STOP YELLING?"

DUDE, I'M WHISPERING...

erl said...

YAY DRUNK BLOGS!! WOO WOO!

Kristi said...

wooo hoo!!
sounds like you had a great time!!!!
I would have loved to see you!

Chris said...

Wouldn't it be better to start from the most expensive, and work your way down, as quality would get less and less important as you go....

supplymadam said...

Thank you " vodka critic"! I never tried any of those top of the line vodkas. But if you say so I will go on that. I always liked Stoli and Skyy. Neve like Absolut. I could never see why it was the rage. Looking forward to trying Kettle One and Grey Goose nw.