Thursday, April 28, 2005

Bring Your Kid to Work Day

Today is bring your child to work day here at my company. Hopefully they will binge on the 15lbs of candy I have in my office so I can get rid of it all. By 3PM the offices will surely be trashed.

As far as I know, I have no children.(haha) I am pretty sure there are no little C-Macs running around anywhere. I think the Maury show would have called me for a paternity test already! I wonder what they would have said if I brought Bruce in today. After all, he's kinda like my new child.

I have not had a dog since I moved out of my parent's home for good at age 19. I forgot how much care and responsibility it is. Believe me, I love it and it's no hassle when you love someone or something. Which brings me to my point. When you go to adopt a pet you get screened and a bit scrutinized, yet anyone can just bang and have a baby with no questions asked. Each day on the news we see horror stories involving innocent children and the poor care many kids receive. I just don't understand it. All kinds of people have kids, immature people, mentally/emotionally unstable people, people who can't afford them, abusive people, etc. It is frightening. Adults should realize that the things they do to kids stay with them for LIFE. There's no erasing it from a kid's memory or life. This is why I don't understand why people who know deep down that they are not suited for children, have them anyway. Couples yell and fight in front of kids, and do all kinds of things that kids should not be seeing. It's really scary.

What amazes me is when two really great people try and try to have kids and they can't get pregnant, yet two 15 year olds bang, or two people that aren't very suited for children, and they get pregnant right away. Is this a big joke from God? Is he up there laughing at us? I just don't get it.

It's good to see the kids parading through here today with smiles on their faces. Hopefully they will all have fun here and learn something today. I hope the biggest lesson they learn today is to not grow up too fast and enjoy the times they are having right now. Time goes way too fast and they should not be in any rush to jump into our "real" world.

8 comments:

Molly said...

I'm sure by lunch time you could adopt one of the kids that came to work with their parents!

When I was younger I always wanted to have the chance to go to work with my parents, but my Mom stayed home and my Dad was a pastor and worked from home a lot, or I spent my summers at his office while my Mom was busy doing other things. Not exactly choices worth missing school for!

erl said...

i totally agree with your point about how screenings are done for pets, but not for children. it just doesn't seem right sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I totally agree. I know someone who got remarried and didn't plan on having kids (yet the woman is due in August), and the guy's son and daughter-in-law are trying to have a baby and they are having a really tough time....it's weird how things work out. Good blog!

Jillian said...

You are right on the mark with this one!!!!!

Bridget Unnel said...

We've got no kiddies running around here today -- the beauty of a small office. However, the train was loaded with them this morning. 6:00 in the morning and they were all bouncing off the ceilings thanks to their "Frosted Flakes" infusion... NJTransit DEFINITELY needs to look into getting a quiet car... ;)

Charlie Mc said...

I have to actually go in the conference room later and give a speech on what a buyer does.....I guess I'll talk shopping with them! :)

supplymadam said...

Hey some great points about unsuitables being able to have kids but not a dog. Go figure!

Charlie Mc said...

I must say, I had an AMAZING time with the kids today. I think C-Mac will make a pretty good Daddy someday! :)