Friday, April 29, 2005

Buried Treasure, My ASS


The Go Directly to Jail, Asshole! Posted by Hello

When I wrote about this story two days ago, it sounded fishy. You remember this white trash dude claimed he was digging in his backyard and he found a century old box filled with money, gold certificates, and silver certificates? It turns out he and his buddy are roofers and they found/stole this box from the rafters of a roof that they were working on at someone's home. Instead of just taking the money, which they would have gotten away with cleanly, these assholes decide to go on a TV show tour and brag. Not only did they brag, but their story on how they found the box was different on every show. Police caught on, brought them in for questioning, and one of the dudes ratted them out and confessed. REAL BRIGHT!

Lesson 1: If you find/steal money and make off with $100,000 that even the owner of the house didn't know existed, SHUT THE FUCK UP! Don't go on Regis and Kelly, Good Morning America, The Today Show or Nightline, just go to the fuckin' bank dumbass!

Lesson #2: When telling a lie, stick to ONE story! Don't put yourself on national TV telling a dozen versions of how you supposedly found the cash. Even a kid who reads Nancy Drew can figure this one out!

Lesson #3: Don't rat your friends out. Lie all the way to trial! Once you confess it's OVER!

I am curious if they were at least smart enough to dig a hole in the backyard they claimed to have dug this up from.......from what I've seen so far, probably not.

I would have just told the bank the bills were so old B/c my grandfather passed away years ago and left me the money and I didn't have the heart to cash it in years ago, but now I am broke and want to cash it in. At least come up with something believable!

3 comments:

Bridget Unnel said...

You have no idea how pissed off my landlord is at me because of this story. Hubby and I have to spend all weekend now resodding the grass... ;)

I.M. Kulardenu said...

What Stooges!
They have my vote as to (hopefully) one day earn a Darwin Award!

Jillian said...

I think this story if way too funny. I agree....They should have just shut the hell up!!!!!!!!