Monday, April 18, 2005

First Out of the Gate

For as long as I can remember and at almost every job I have ever had, I always get to work about 45 minutes to an hour early daily. I enjoy the hour or so with very few people around. I like to come in and open up my computer windows, put on my music, and ease into the day. By the time everyone gets here at the scheduled time, I am already fully mentally adjusted and ready to go. I like the morning chats with the Sugar V, the music, a little blogging, an e-mail or two, then the transition to work mode. The early start also allows me to beat a good portion of the traffic and makes my ride in more pleasant. I am sort of like a boxer before heading into the ring, I like the time to collect my thoughts and pump myself up for what lies ahead. Sure, I give these bastards a free hour a day, but for my sanity, it's worth it. I do, however, bolt at the scheduled time of departure...you can set your watch to that!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah the morning talks are great, but they would be better if you put on some pants.

supplymadam said...

Hey, do you guys have a love-hate thing going on?

Anonymous said...

You are still doing that early crap? You are too much!

Molly said...

I like to be awake early to watch sportscenter and do other stuff, but in no way do I ever want to be at my office any earlier than necessary!