Thursday, April 14, 2005

Foods You Won't Eat Outside Your Home

I was chatting with some co-workers yesterday on our lunch break during our long ass meeting. We were talking about foods we won't eat unless it's made at home or by a relative.

Those of you who know me well know how much I love to cook and that I'm pretty good at it too! There's nothing like a house full of people and cooking for everyone, It's fun. Whether it be a huge BBQ or cooking up something in the kitchen, I enjoy it very much. Must be my Italian side. I am very particular about ingredients and about what I cook and eat. There are a few things I really won't eat unless I make it or maybe my Mom or brother makes it:

1) Eggplant. Just about every restaurant fucks up eggplant. They cut it too thick, don't cook it long enough, and it's just NASTY! I make a great eggplant and it kicks ass!

2) Meatballs. Even good Italian restaurants need training on meatballs. They use too many breadcrumbs and the things are like fuckin' cue balls. I have rarely even attempted getting these anywhere but from my own kitchen.

3) Chili. I've had chili in many a place and it's never as good as when you make it at home. Not sure what these places skimp on, but it usually sucks!

4)Hamburgers. There's nothing like a burger made at home on the BBQ. It's not often that I can find a really good hamburger somewhere. It's usually soggy or tastes like crap.

5) Bacon. Everyplace I get bacon they never make it crispy! It's always soggy and rubbery. Leave it in the pan another few minutes! I usually end up throwing it away or taking it off my sandwich. Nothing like it made at home.

That's just a few things I hate eating out of the home....love to hear yours.....

3 comments:

supplymadam said...

I agree especially on the eggplant.No one makes it as goo as you would at home.It requires alot of TLC to get it just perfect. I love it with spaghetti and the mozerella and eggplant get mixed in with it.
Nothing better than a BBQ'd sirloin burger either. Done to perfection with a toasted roll.
And what is the problem with meatballs? What the hell are they putting in them. Gotta have homemade. Gotta go I'm getting hungry!

Anonymous said...

I will only eat a hot dog at home on the bbq, not anywhere else. I only like Kosher hot dogs where they don't put gross shit in them!

Bridget Unnel said...

My hubby shares in my love of buffalo wings, but prefers to eat them in a booth at the local diner rather than one of the tables in the middle!