Saturday, April 23, 2005

A Dog It Is!!!!!!


Bruce's First Moments In Long Beach Posted by Hello

Meet Bruce, the newest member of the C-Mac family. I adopted him today around 4PM. He is loving his new home and life by the shore. Bruce is a hound mix. He looks like a beagle, at least that's what everyone who has seen him so far has said. Perhaps he has some beagle in him. He is adorable isn't he?

Bruce was up for adoption at an animal shelter in Wantagh, a town not too far from here. He was abandoned and was in the shelter for about three weeks. According to the workers at the shelter, he is three years old. His profile was posted on their website and I saw it this morning and went to check him out. The minute I saw him I loved him. He was friendly but he was scared. He barked a great deal and I thought he may be too hyper a dog for me. After a while he calmed down and the decision to take him was an easy one. Once he got in the car he was loving life again. Straight to the pet store we went for food, a bowl, toys, and all kinds of doggie stuff.

After the pet store he came home to his new house. He checked out every room and started running all over. He ate some dinner then went for a walk. Then I went to dinner for an hour or two. When I came home he was so happy and excited. He did, however, tear up the vertical blinds, but it's his first day here and those can be replaced. Maybe it wasn't wise to leave him alone so soon but I wanted to give him a little taste of running the house alone because he will have to get used to it when I go to work. I took him for a little jog in the light rain, now he is snoring on the couch in the den. I am sure he is loving this life compared to a life in a cage. Hopefully the sun will be out and he can take in the sights and sounds of Long Beach tomorrow.

The name Bruce was chosen for none other than "The Boss" himself, Bruce Springsteen. A new dog named Bruce today and a new "Bruce" cd this coming Tuesday.....a good week indeed.

7 comments:

Molly said...

Congrats on the new pet! Hope he adjusts to the CMac life soon!

(are we taking bets on how many days until Bruce has CMac wrapped around his paw?)

Jillian said...

aaaaawwwwww How cute....Bruce is great. I can't wait to hear more about him. Congrats C-Mac on your new family addition!!!!!!

erl said...

so cute! i GUESS Bruce is as cool as a cat...good name by the way.

Anonymous said...

You are a great person for having done that! Congratulations on your new puppy!!!

Bridget Unnel said...

I'm a cat person, personally, but even I would warm to such a cutie! Congrats on the new family member!

supplymadam said...

My old next door neighbor had a Doberman named Bruce too(named after the "boss" as well). He was always loose unfotunatley and used to jump in my car because he loved me so and I would take him on errands with me. A couple of times he would sleep over and I would let him out in the morning. He was just looking for love. It was one of those things that it was the son's dog and when he left home couldn't take him with him and he became a ward of his parents who couldn't be bothered.I felt cool with him in my car but people didn't know he was a gentle giant.I remember him fondly.

Anonymous said...

He is adorable Charlie! I am sooo happy for you! Love the name. Hope he is behaving himself!