Thursday, April 14, 2005

Classic Phone Scam #3 "Don't Answer The Phone"

As some of you know from previous posts, I was the master of the phone scam back in the day. I posted a few of my classic call schemes back about a month or so ago, here's another classic:

I would get someone's name and address out of the phone book, call them, and ask for them by name. When they would come on the line I would tell them I was "Tony DeLorenzo from Bell Atlantic (now Verizon)" I would call them about 9Pm and tell them we were going to be doing some very high powered testing on the phone lines in their neighborhood between 10PM and Midnight. I would go on to tell them that if the phone rings in that two hour time frame DO NOT answer the phone because the person calling you would receive a EXTREMELY bad shock due to the voltage running through the lines. They would thank me for letting them know and promise not to answer the phone during those times. I would wait until about 10:15PM (in the time frame they were not supposed to answer the phone) and then call them. They would either forget or they were just curious to see what would happen. When they would answer I would Scream AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! like I was being electrocuted. You would hear them panic and go "Oh my God" and hurry to hang up the phone.......very funny to hear......people will believe anything!!!!

The CD of these is coming soon! yes, I have hours of these wacky calls on tape from like 1990...they are a riot. I have to get them transferred to my computer and burned on CD's.

5 comments:

erl said...

that is HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I was rolling on the floor when I was reading that! I'll buy your tape!

Bridget Unnel said...

You were a wicked teenager, weren't you?! HYSTERICAL! I've got to try that on my mom....

Anonymous said...

I've heard a few of these calls from C-Mac's collection in the past, they are 1,000,000 times funnier than those Jerky Boys. C-Mac you should have published them when you did them, you were doing these before the Jerky Boys! You could have been retired, sitting on a beach with bitches waiting on you all day!

supplymadam said...

I love you and your scams. You are one in a mil!
A deviant at heart!

Anonymous said...

I remember this tape! It's insanity, pure insanity!