Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Signs of the Season

My winter blues are officially gone! After a long, cold, and disappointing winter, spring is definitely here. I basked in the glory of spring today and had one of my best days in months. I felt alive for the first time in a long time. I did my normal 7.0 mile run up on the boardwalk today and just took in all the signs of the season:

1) Dozens of other runners out there once again. It's great to see everyone back in the swing. The boardwalk was lonely the last few months. It's good to see everyone back and shaking off winter!

2) Dozens of annoying bicyclists out there. They are a pain in my ass and never stay in the bike lane, but I am in a great mood and I'll let it pass today!

3) Hot girls everywhere! The warm weather is back and so are the shorts, the tank tops, the bikini tops, and cute smiling faces. Oh, how I missed the warm weather!

4) Beach volleyball players. I saw three beach volleyball games underway today! I just smiled to myself and kept it moving knowing I'll be seeing plenty more of that in the next few months.

5) Surfers. I saw many surfers out and about today. In wet suits of course. The water temperature is a very chilly 41 right now, but just seeing them out was a welcome sign.

6) People cruising with their windows down and their radios up. From rock to rap, it was good to see and hear everyone listening and enjoying!

7) People actually washing their cars in their own driveways! (including me) It was nice to do it myself the right way rather than pay a wash $10.00!

8) Washing my patio furniture and setting up the deck. Can't wait to eat outside!

9) BBQ'ing without having to wear a ski parka and having to run in and out every 3 minutes! It was nice BBQ'ing in a t-shirt and jeans last night out on the deck. All winter I froze out there for a piece of chicken!

10) Just feeling the warmth of the sun on my face while I was outside. I missed it so much!

SIX WEEKS until Memorial Weekend and the "unofficial" kickoff to summer!

1 comment:

supplymadam said...

Oh it is glorius weather we are having. How about Denver? Almost 3 ft of snow was it? I guess I'll neve be wanting to move ther.