Friday, April 01, 2005

The Ketchup Pump

I really hate those big ketchup pumps at fast food restaurants! I also hate the mustard pump at sports arenas. Whatever happened to the individual ketchup and mustard packet? I used to enjoy heading back to my seat at Yankee Stadium with little mustard packs for my pretzels and hot dogs. Now you have to pump it on your food at the consession stand and it's just not the same. I want control of my condiment distribution at my seat. I like squeezing a little mustard on each bite of pretzel rather than pouring it all over the pretzel at the stand. It's less messy and the mustard to pretzel ratio is just not the same. Now even at McDonald's you have to get ketchup from the community pump with those little white cups. What a pain in the ass, just give me the packet and let me be on my way! I hate the fact that everyone has access to that pump. I enjoy my own personal ketchup supply and distibution on an as needed basis at my table. I suppose people were stealing loads of those packets and it was costing a fortune to re-stock....cheap bastards! Stop stealing the ketchup and bring back the packets!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite a cause you are fighting for Big Mac Daddy. I say you take it to the streets and demand your packets!! Power to the people!

Molly said...

This is why I am glad that I am not a condiment person (unless we are talking honey mustard and such high price condiments usually have to be bought, thus coming in individual size) as the communal condiments just sounds like a bad disease! *shudder*

supplymadam said...

I say use a napkin when pumping!