Friday, April 22, 2005

Good Mood?

It may be because it is Friday. It may be because the sun is shining (for now). It may have been my summer CD I was playing in the car today. Whatever it is, I am in a good mood today. For me to be here at the office and be in a good mood is quite rare. I am usually very cheerful outside of this office or with select people here at the office, but normally I dread coming here. But today, for some reason, I am feeling on top of the world. I am sure I'll fall right off my mountain as soon as the first wave of work comes or someone does something to piss me off over here. I've been feeling great the past two weeks, both mentally and physically. I think it's been the change of weather and the intense running I've been doing. Both create a high for me that is hard to explain.

I was driving in this morning, playing my summer CD and thinking about the fun ahead in the next few months. I was thinking about the Saturdays on the beach, the Yankee games, the bbq's, the nights out and about in Long Beach, the parties, and everything else that is summer. I really can't wait!

Today I should be like the Bubble Boy and put plastic around my office so nobody can put me in a bad mood. I may have some saran wrap around here somewhere. Just a little bubble, where I can enjoy my good mood without anyone ruining it. Although around here, I could armor my office and stress and grief would still find a way penetrate it, so I suppose saran wrap won't do the trick. Just don't be the one to piss me off and "burst my bubble" today! :)

4 comments:

Bridget Unnel said...

I'm always in a pretty good mood on Friday mornings. Sadly, they moved our weekly staff meetings to Fridays now, so that's a bit of a bummer. But hey -- it eats up time. Picked up the "Avalon" single from Juliet through Amazon.co.uk. (Juliet opened for Duran Duran at MSG.) The song is so stuck in the head, I'll be groovin' no matter how bad the meeting is!!

Charlie Mc said...

I've got "Mr. Loverman" stuck in my head by Shabba Ranks...pretty bad huh? haha

Anonymous said...

Mr Loverman! You are crazy!

I am glad you are in a good mood, you deserve to be. I've never really seen you in a "bad mood." I've seen you sad or upset, but never angry or anything. Not that I want to see that side of you! I can't picture you angry for some reason....

Summer is going to be fun!

Molly said...

Hooray for good moods for CMac! Must be the thoughts of the weekend. I too am usually in a good mood on Fridays though today I'm grouchy, at least until 5pm