Monday, May 16, 2005

Polygamy

So while I was eating dinner, I was watching that stupid show called "A Current Affair" which is like a tabloid news program. They had a pretty interesting segment about the practice of polygamy by the Mormons out in Utah. This is just something I don't understand.


I Just Don't Get It............. Posted by Hello

I am a guy in my early 30's who has never been married but who has been in many long term relationships and I have lived with girlfriends. Why would any man want more than ONE wife??? I am not talking about the sexual part here, I am talking about just dealing with say five women. Five different personalities, with five different sets of needs, five different PMS weeks, and five different pains in the ass. Living with ONE is MORE than enough.

So, when it's time to go food shopping, do they all go? Who cooks? Say it's a Saturday Morning and one wife wants to go with hubby to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and the other feels it's a Macy's day....do they flip a coin? Is sex like a five person rotation like a major league baseball pitching staff? If one gets tired, do you make a call out to the bullpen for relief? I wonder how this all works. I wonder what the sleeping arrangements are. I don't think 1-800-MATTRESS (leave off the last S for stupid) sells beds big enough for more than say, two wives.

Trying to make one woman happy is a job in itself, but to want marry a few, you truly have to be insane!

7 comments:

WordWhiz said...

Oh heavens, Charlie. Women are easy to please. See my "What Women Want" post. Female bloggers spelled it all out...in GRAPHIC detail! :-)

Miss_Vicki said...

I totally hear ya (I think like a guy more than a girl sometimes) - we chicks ain't easy to deal with. On the flip side though, if I were to have say 5 husbands.... no frickin way. 5 hungry greedy slobs roaming around? No thanks! Hell at this point, I don't know if I even want ONE of em ;)

Miss_Vicki said...

Oh yeah I forgot to say this.... shit, that show is still on? Isn't that like from 15 years ago? :op

Bridget Unnel said...

Unless of course they were all as wonderful as me!!

Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean. One man is more than enough to deal with also! Five women with PMS, that is too funny, you better have a good life insurance policy!

Steph said...

"It would take a mighty good husband to be better than none!!! "

:)

supplymadam said...

forgoing the sex part,I wouldn't mind someone sharing household chores with me. Really though,alot of these girls are forced into this type of arrangement at a young age brainwashed into thinking that's how life is. I can't believe this still goes on.