Friday, May 27, 2005

Let's Get This Party Started!!!!!

Since I was a little C-Mac, this day, the Friday before Memorial Weekend, has always ranked as one of the top three favorite days of the year for me. For those who love Christmas and that time of the year, this is my equivalent. There's something in the air on this Friday before Memorial Weekend that I can strongly sense each year.

Some people enjoy the hustle and bustle of the winter holiday season. Some people enjoy running around to buy gifts and enjoy getting their homes decorated for the winter holidays. I enjoy seeing people washing their patio furniture, blowing the dust off their grills, seeing the lifeguard chairs being placed on the beaches, kids playing catch on the front lawn with their parents, dogs running and frolicking outside, and people running and biking on the boardwalk in Long Beach. It gives me a feeling I can't describe. I enjoy the summer nights on the deck watching the sun set at 9PM and feeling the warm breeze off the ocean.

Then there are the barbecues, the baseball games, the nights out in town, the weekends at the beach, and the backyard gatherings. Need I say more?

Most of the great moments and memories in my life have occurred during the summer for some reason. Maybe it's my approach to life during the summer months, who knows. Whatever it is, I wish I could bottle this feeling up and have it all year round. I woke up like a kid on Christmas Morning today. Excited to start summer and excited to add to the great memories I already have of summer. After a long and cold winter, I plan on savoring every day and night this summer. Come September, I want to look back at the summer of 2005 and say it was spectacular. It all begins at 12:15 this afternoon. I’ll have plenty of pictures here on the site over the course of the summer to share with everyone.

To all the “Bored at the Beach” readers, I hope you all have a summer to remember. Fall and winter come quickly, so savor each night and day this summer. Relax and take it all in with the people you love. Come September, hopefully we’ll all look back and smile with plenty of good memories stirring around our heads.

Let’s get the party started!

17 comments:

Bridget Unnel said...

Well, then I wish you a fantabulous weekend, buddy. I'm not really a summer person -- maybe because I fry so easily -- so I tend to get more excited by Labor Day. But hey, I'm all into a lot of relaxation, barbecues, and cool beers until then!

Darcey said...

I am so hideously jealous, CMac. I am stuck in the office until 5:30, waiting around for clients to remember to call me before they leave on vacation (stupid Friday deadlines). I want my Fridays back!

Unknown said...

I like my steaks medium well. I can not wait for your barbeque. I hope you marinate them too. Ooo and do not forget the hot dogs.

The Diva ♥ said...

how about those ribs!

Anonymous said...

I would give anything to be at the ocean right now. I hate that the weather sucks. I was so looking forward to going to Atlantic City like I did last year with my gal pals. Oh well. Happy Memorial Day!

Molly said...

Nothing like kicking back enjoying the weather and BBQing over a long weekend, but I have to admit that I am with Bridget...Labor is better as I am not a summer girl either. I am not much of a hot weather girl, unless I am swimming in the ocean.

Have a great weekend!

supplymadam said...

Nothing like summer barbeques and summer drinks. Lokking forward to all of it. I don't mind staying in the AC either.

Hu Flung Pu said...

I love everything about the summer. I envy you C-Mac, I spent four fun years in Long Beach with two college buddies down in the west end. Some of the best memories of my life were down there. I know exactly the feeling you describe

Anonymous said...

What time should i come over?

Anonymous said...

If I was there I would be going to the beach or a barbeque. It's a three day weekend here but the British don't do anything!! It's like "let's go to the pub" thing. HELLO?? GET A TAN PASTY WHITE PEOPLE!!

Susan said...

I wish we even had sun here in Mass. iit's been raining for DAYS! I'm so jelaous!

Anonymous said...

I love to see C-Mac happy! I'm sure I'll bump into you around town this weekend. Have a blast and be safe! The Saloon or the Inn tonight? :)

Miss_Vicki said...

Charlie, I couldn't agree more. I've always been a summer person - I HATE the winter, and am not much into holiday stuff either (probably cuz I don't have kids). The shore is an awesome place, you're lucky to be that close to the ocean/beach/boards. My friend Vicki and I used to head to Wildwood, NJ over Memorial Day weekend all the time - referred to by all Phillydelphians as "goin down the shore." God, I miss that.

If I can find a place that's 80-85 all year round, sunny with no humidity - I'd move there in a heartbeat. That's why I love Portland in the summer - it's exactly that.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be dog/house-sitting, but I should be checking in once in a while.

Jillian said...

Have a happy Memorial weekend!!!!
And a great summer to all!!!!

Charlie Mc said...

you all are great, thanks for your daily stops here, I hope you all have a great time the next few days. i'll be checking in late night or early morning.....

Anonymous said...

Five years is a little too "young" for me, but I'd make an exception for you. LOL. Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend, Charlie! I'm heading to PA to play my first outdoor concert of the summer! (That's what this weekend always means to me!) But Sunday it's BBQ DAY! YIPPEE!