Tuesday, May 31, 2005

"Back To Life, Back To Reality"

It was so difficult getting up this morning! Hope you all had a great holiday weekend. Mine was really really good. I had so much fun this weekend. Going out, spending a ton of time outdoors, getting a lot of running in, and bbq's every day, how could I not have had a good weekend? The weather was amazing here for a change!

Sunday Night was a blast. We went to a local outdoor restaurant on the water near the house to see a co-worker's band play. They played from 5:30-9:30 and were pretty good. We stayed for the entire show. So many funny things happened during those four hours.

We get there at 5:15 and we are waiting to be seated when we are approached by the cutest and funniest old couple I have ever met who were also waiting to be seated. They were both 85 and really came out to party. They wound up sitting at the table next to us. They met up with another older couple and were the rowdy bunch early on. They were drinking carafes of wine yelling, "You don't have to be teenagers to know how to have fun." They were singing along with the band and were just hilarious. When their check came, the two old men were wrestling each other for the bill and fighting over who was paying, it was just too funny. When they left they came over to us and said, "Good luck in everything you do in life, God bless you." How adorable are old people? It's good to see people still together after 50+ years of marriage, makes you have hope and really believe in love.

After the old people left, the table was occupied by four really hot girls with two flaming homosexuals. They stayed the rest of the night and were pretty fun. When a disco song was played the gay dudes got up and did these "Broadway" style dances and moves, it was pretty funny.

The highlight of the night was this heavy lady who was bustin' a move all night. About an hour or two into the show, the alcohol must have kicked in and she did a spin move and fell on the stage, it was quite comical. She got back up and danced a song or two then left. She must have been really humiliated.

I like to people watch when I go out. I swear I saw three people that were twins of celebrities all at one place. One woman looked like Star Jones, and the funny part was, she acted like her too. She bitched about the food, the service, the bill, EVERYTHING. She was just miserable. Then sitting next to me on the other side was a girl that could have passed for the actress who plays Meadow Soprano on the Sopranos. I swear she was her twin. Then later on Roseann Barr's twin comes walking in. It was the bizarro celebrity world there on Sunday Night.

The band is playing there again next Sunday Night and I just may have to go again since I laughed so hard all night. :) It was a really great weekend, I'm sad that it's over! Ok, I want weekend stories from all of you!

12 comments:

Darcey said...

Stories? You want stories? Well, you know where to read them. :)

By the way, I hate you for stealing my post title. I was singing that this morning on my way into work.

Charlie Mc said...

It's all about love Muse, no hate! :) I'll be stopping by for some good stories.... :)

Hu Flung Pu said...

15 guys spending the weekend in Philly watching lacrosse; drinking, tailgating, good food, great weather, and some memorable moments. It was like a second bachelor party.

Anonymous said...

C-Maaaaaaaaaaaaac! I missed you baby. I was going to call you Saturday Night to meet up at Minnesotas, but it rained and we ended up just chillin' for the night.

My weekend was great too! I had to work Saturday Morning, but no biggie. Your Home Depot story was a riot!

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm still partying at 85! How cute. I'm actually jealous of them. :)

Molly said...

I wa s alittle upset when my alarm told me to get out of bed and back to the grind this morning as well...

Your weekend sounds like it was a blast. Old people crack me up!

supplymadam said...

I love old people too. They are so sweet. It's so nice to see them still having fun at their age. Let's hope we all get that opportunity!

Jenni said...

So CUTE! I love old men...really, I do. I think they are so cute, and sweet, and so complimentary! I think the men of our generation should take a few lessons from our grandparents!

erl said...

star jones is SOOOOOOO SEXY!

True Jersey Girl said...

Sounds like a great weekend! You can't beat drunk old people!!!

Anonymous said...

Star Jones is a b____h!

Bridget Unnel said...

Star Jones?! Run, run away, Charlie!!