Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Background Music

I listen to music constantly. I wake up and head to the bathroom to get ready and showered and I turn on the radio in there. I proceed to the garage, hop in the car, and I play CD's all the way to work. At work I listen to the radio in my office all day. I can play cd's in here, but it's too much of a hassle to tote them in, so I play some cheesy local station because the radio reception sucks in this building. Why is is that every time I get on the phone or someone comes in my office, the absolute WORST song is always playing? Songs like "It's Raining Men" "Dancing Queen" and "I Will Survive?" The absolute gayest songs known to mankind always come on when I am talking to people. Rumors are going to start around here! I was on the phone yesterday and a vendor commented on the song playing...I think it was Barry Manilow....I had no real answer for their comment. I did assure them that I have an unblemished record of heterosexuality and I left it at that. They got a good chuckle. Damn, I want better reception in here! I find myself humming ABBA at the water cooler.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to prove anything to us you stud.

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous, you don't have to prove anything C-Mac daddy! It's a man who's confident in himself that can have "It's Raining Men" playing in his office. You have no reason not to be! :)

Steph said...

Sadly, I love every song you mentioned. I'm old.

Darcey said...

Honey, if Hugh Grant can dance to "Jump (For my Love)" in Love Actually and still be a stud, you have nothing to worry about.

Jillian said...

I have the same problem in my office. I use Yahoo Messenger Launch Cast Radio...it rocks!!!!!

supplymadam said...

Don't you worry bout a thing Papa!

Anonymous said...

Trust me C-Mac, you have NOTHING to worry about. I think it's kind of cute anyway. I miss you. hope to see/talk soon!

Molly said...

I'm not a background music sort of person as I would have to turn it up really loudly to drown out the music playing in my head!

Anonymous said...

So, that's what was playing when I called...I was wondering why the sugar-V was saying that it was raining men in your office..hehehe...I love that song!

Charlie Mc said...

Jill, I got that Launchcast, but got tired of it....the network here sucks and it would always freeze up.

Hey Muse, point taken. :)

Katie next time I see you I'll crank a cheesy song in the car, we'll see if you are Ok with it...maybe some Clay Aiken! haha

Steph, nothing to be sad about! :)

Cin, I think this station plays these tunes so much b/c the Sugar V is making requests all day!

erl said...

im having trouble being witty today, but anyway i have to say that ABBA is perhaps the worst band ever.

Charlie Mc said...

still a big ERL fan regardless!

Anonymous said...

I have to say it would take a lot more than ABBA to make you not be the sugar in my coffee!

Bridget Unnel said...

Blaaaaaaa -- radio-free zone here in our office. The songs in my head? That's another matter altogether! (So many comments today, you little studmuffin)

Charlie Mc said...

But, now the comments feel complete with a comment from Bridget! :)

Darcey said...

Liz - noooooo, you can't say that ABBA is the worst band ever! There are bands far worse than them! I found a picture of my mom when she was in high school, no lie, she looks just like the blonde one. When I told her that, she bought me a copy of their greatest hits album, and it still makes me laugh. High on the kitsch factor, no doubt, but you have to love a band with an Australian cult movie following (Muriel's Wedding).

Charlie Mc said...

Ace Of Base was worse than ABBA!

Bridget Unnel said...

Now THAT will get you a star for your forehead!!

Jenni said...

(Eeerrrkkkk, sound of needle sliding across record) Abba? I LOVE ABBA! I have their greatest hits in my car, Abba Gold to be exact. There is absolutely nothing wrong with humming Abba at the water cooler. And Ace of Base, I don't know about any of you, but "I Saw the Sign" is the only song I remember from Ace of Base. Also, in my CD changer is Run DMC, A Latin Jazz compilation, "Somethings Gotta Give" soundtrack (love the old french jazz tunes), The Killers, and The Scissor Sisters.