Friday, June 24, 2005

Mid-Summer Form

Just got back from my 5k run...a great time for me, I finished in 23:08!!! Not bad for 3.1 miles! This winter (February) I did a 5k and I finished in 28:44, so I guess that winter rust is gone and that little winter padding is also gone! I am happy I averaged slightly uner 8:00 per mile....that's fast for me, I am more a distance runner, not a fast runner! Off to celebrate with some booze!



A Strong Finish For C-Mac Posted by Hello

Of course, I had to make a few observations after the race. Long Beach always has the trophy ceremony after the race which includes a BBQ, water, and other refreshments. This 400lb dude was behind the HUGE grill grilling hamburgers and hot dogs. Who is eating that after sprinting 3 miles? Also, the dude was sweating like a pig, was handling all the meat and buns with no gloves, and for every three hamburgers he was making, he was eating one. Like I might eat anything his nasty, sweaty hands were all over! I'll have dinner right here!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone! Let's see how many drinks I can down in 23:08 now!!

10 comments:

Darcey said...

Congrats on the time! Better you than me, truly!

Hu Flung Pu said...

I run a 23:08 mile.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have the stamina to run so much in this heat. I'm exhausted and sweaty just reading this. :)

Miss_Vicki said...

Not bad 'tall dude, awesome job. I work out pretty much every day, but I can't run for shit - my cute little shins just can't handle it :)

I'm all for the after-running festivities though, I'll drink one myself in your honor :op

The Diva ♥ said...

I have my 10k this weekend wish me luck! Congrats ;)

Marie said...

Pretty good time, Charlie! I'm more of a 10-minute mile girl myself.

Have a drink for me. :)

Fred said...

How about a progress report. Just how many drinks can you down in 23:08?

Prométhiûs said...

Fast pal....run...wowow

The Diva ♥ said...

c-mac I just finish my 10 k today and i was 14 out of 43 in my age group. i think thats good right. its my first 10k i am beat.

supplymadam said...

Congratulations on your run! I'm more of an stationary bike person myself.Like to be in the AC. I was never a fan of the heat. Not by choice of course. It's just my body saying "Get out of the damn heat before you get a migraine". Yeah I'm alot of fun!
What's with the fat guy sweating over the grill? Yeah that's encouraging. Sweat all over the food,That's just wrong.