Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday Tidbits

Well folks, we just about made it through another week! I actually thought this week went pretty fast. Forecast for Long Beach, NY this weekend, SUNNY and close to 90 both days!!! How do you beat that? You know where I will be.

I have my first summer race tonight at 7. It's only a 5k, so it is a breeze. It's the Long Beach kickoff to summer race. I enjoy night races much more than the morning races. My body does not seem to wake up until about 10am, well, most parts anyway.

Can you believe next weekend is July 4th weekend already? This summer needs to slow down a bit! Let's be honest, it's flying by huh? July 4th weekend is by far, the best weekend of the year, I am looking forward to it! The weekend after that, CMACAPALOOZA III!!!! The trash talking has begun already. Our buddy Chris here at work is talking a big game about his beer pong skills and The FREAKYVIRGIN is talking smack right back. Should be a good battle on July 9th. I wonder if we'll see "The Moon Over Long Beach" that night. Something tells me my front lawn is going to be full of passed out people. Makes for good pics here though!

Summer is a time when we all roll down the windows in the car and crank up the tunes. This morning's "Bored at the Beach" question is, what song(s) do you love driving to? You know what I am talking about, the song or songs that make you feel like you are driving a Ferrari even if you are driving a dirty 1974 Gremlin. For me, I have two songs that I totally hit the gas pedal and go nuts to. Tom Petty's "Runnin' Down A Dream" it's just a great driving tune. The other, which is on the other end of the musical spectrum is "Act A Fool" by Ludacris. Somehting about those two songs that are just great for driving.

Thanks to DarianJ and Sugar V for making it a fun week. Our little Blogging Comedy was fun and we hope you all enjoyed the laughs. From Eric Estrada to Mr. Rogers, it was just plain funny!

Ok, off to start my half day here. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! I'll be checking in at some sober point this weekend. Enjoy!!!!

22 comments:

Fred said...

Song that makes me think I'm driving a muscle car: Everybody's Working for the Weekend by Loverboy. Favorite Friday song: It's a Five O'Clock World by the Vogues. (OK, so I'm really old...)

Hu Flung Pu said...

"Small boobies need lovin too," I love cruisin to that song

supplymadam said...

Radar Love by Golden Earing
Love Runnin' Down a Dream for driving
Crazy Train by Ozzie
Driving in the Stratus!!!
Lots to forward to this summer!
Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Anonymous said...

Half day? How lucky! Have a great weekend!!! :)

Charlie Mc said...

half day every Friday kate!!! :)

Jenni said...

"Last Dance with Mary Jane." Tom Petty. It's kinda mellow and relaxing. Also my fav..."Into the mystic." Van Morisson...my absolute favorite song..ever. Again, relaxing...top down on the convertable, wind blowing through my hair music...love it!

Oh, and The Guess Who "New Mother Nature."

And a guilty one...Brittney Spears "Toxic." I know, FOR SHAME!

The Fuz said...

I tend to get speeding tickets anytime I'm listening to Metallica, so I guess they tend to rev my engine a little bit ;) Other than that, it all depends on my mood.
Cmacapalooza III sounds like it'll be fun....jealous!
Enjoy your weekend!

Darcey said...

Eve 6's "Open Road Song"
Aerosmith's "Love in an Elevator"
Aerosmith's "Livin' on the Edge"
Cowboy Mouth's "Hurricane Party"
Cowboy Mouth's "Can't Stay Here"
The OC theme song "California"
Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" (Yeah, cheesy. Shut it.)

I roll down the windows of my Camry (while I pretend its the hot Mercedes SLK 350 Roadster parked next to me this morning) and sing at the top of my lungs.

Panthergirl said...

Half day here too....

My driving song? "Maneater" by Hall & Oates. No particular reason. ;)

Good luck in the race tonight and let's pray to GAWD that the Mets don't spank our Yanks...

Anonymous said...

"Hey Ya" and "The Way You Move" by Outkast; "Don't Phunk With My Heart," Black Eyed Peas; Beyonce's "Naughty Girl"; "Hey Baby" No Doubt. Too many - I could go on and on!

Steakhead said...

Hey C-Mac- Since someone did mention it in an earlier reply, I figure I would the weekend smack talking. I am looking forward to the Mets and Pedro slapping the Yankees silly tonight. Too many storylines in our favor- Mets finally win a series, Yanks losing to Tampa, Willie returns home, Pedro pitching. Its all METS tonight!!

Steakhead said...

Oh- and as far as great driving songs:
- Born to Run- Bruce
- Boys of Summer (actually really like the Atari's version)
- Bawitdaba- Kid Rock
- Free Will- Rush

Anonymous said...

Go Mets!!!!

The Diva ♥ said...

lucky you cmac! i spent half the morning at sissyfight.com. now i gotta work. u have a great weekend, enjoy the sun ;)

Marie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend planned! You're right...the summer is moving right along quickly.

My driving songs are (to name a few):
Fly away - Lenny Kravitz
Won't back down - Tom Petty
Independent Woman - Destiny's Child
Let's get Loud - J'Lo
Pour some sugar on me - Def Leppard

Kerri Keberly said...

prince's LITTLE RED CORVETTE.

even though my car is not little, red or a corvette.

Molly said...

My favorite driving song is Nelly's "Ride Wit Me"

Have a good weekend and good luck with your road race!

Bridget Unnel said...

After watching them on "Hit Me Baby One More Time", Loverboy's Working for the Weekend just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Happy Friday!!

Admin said...

Half day every other Friday here, but good enough. I'll treat that question as a "road trip tunes" question. For road trips: Bob Seger, Doors, Grand Funk Railroad, Steve Miller Band, and most recently, Deni Bonet. For local driving, it's simply whatever's playing on WDHA-FM, although I got a rude shock one night when I got into my car, and the parking attendant had changed the frequency to some hip-hop/rap station. WTF!?!?!?

supplymadam said...

I forgot one most important one:
Highway Star-Deep Purple
One thing about certain music,it's never outdated.

Laurie said...

A little late, but here it goes:

The Artist Formerly Known as the Fresh Prince: Summertime
Jonny Lang: Lie to Me
Kelly Clarkson: Hear Me
Petey Pablo: Vibrate
Ray Charles: What a Beautiful Mornin'
Marilyn Manson: Personal Jesus

God, there are so many more...But I suppose I should end it there!

Angel! said...

"Closer" by Nine Inch Nails!!