Thursday, June 09, 2005

Ice Ice Baby

Ok, so I gave this "Hit Me Baby One More Time" show another chance tonight after last week's horrible performances. I am glad I did. This show kicked ass tonight!


MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!! Posted by Hello

The first act up was The Knack. They did their signature song "My Sharona." They sounded great after all of these years! I thought they should have won tonight. They were really great.

Then came that Haddaway dude who sang "What Is Love" the song made real famous by SNL and "Night at the Roxbury." He sounded ok, probably the worst performance of the night though.

Up next was Tommy Tutone who sang his one hit wonder "Jenny" (867-5309). I expected him to suck ass but he was right on the money with his performance tonight.

Then came The Motels who sang "Only the Lonely." Martha Davis can still sing. I was not overwhelmed but I thought she did a pretty good job.

Vanilla Ice closed out the show with "Ice, Ice Baby" and got the place going wild. He still has the cheesy dance moves and the wanna be gangsta attitude, but it was amusing. He won the show by a landslide. I thought The Knack ruled the night, but majority rules and Vanilla Boy got the victory.

I am glad I gave the show a second chance, MUCH better than last week....

12 comments:

Steph said...

Alright, you convinced me to give it another chance! It's not on yet on the west coast, so I'll watch it tonight when it is.

Jenni said...

Do you think I should change my phone number? I kinda want to...

Panthergirl said...

Crap...I'm bummed that I missed seeing my old buddy Jim (from Tommy Tutone!). Should have TiVO'd it.

Miss_Vicki said...

I didn't even read the post yet, I'm gonna comment while I'm watching the show:

(note that I'm only watching this tonight on your recommendation -ok, I read that far - that singer from Loverboy was way too scary)

Holy shit, The Knack was great! Damn, I used to love that fucking song. I can't believe I was 11 when it came out. Makes me feel mothafukkin old.

Haddaway - shit, barely know this dude. Never one of my favorite songs or anything. Not really impressed.

Tommy Tutone - sounded obviously older, but did an excellent job. I mean, who DOESN'T know that song? Shit, remember when a payphone call COST A DIME?

Motels - I used to love singing it to "Only the Lonely Get Laaaaaaaid." Wow, she did great! Damn, these people look old. Still having PTSD from the Loverboy guy. Gross.
Speaking of Loverboy, I just saw a commercial that they're going to be playing in Vancouver, WA in July - WTF? Funny thing is, KC & the Sunshine Band will be there the next day, and it costs more to see KC!! LOL

I like Vanilla, and I like Ice, but not Vanilla Ice so much. Could he be any gayer? He looks much better with the hat on. How come they all have towel thingys hanging out of their pants?

shari said...

So, I haven't seen that show, and probalby won't anytime soon as I don't have cable vision but I would have loved to have seen the Knack. Brings back so many memories of dancing and singing into hair brushes with my friends.

Bridget Unnel said...

Damn, I knew there was something I was supposed to be watching last night. Not long now until Ashlee Simpson is on begging people to love her...

The Diva ♥ said...

Oh i saw that too. It kick ass! V ice is awesome. He comes to austin all the time. and im always there to see him. he totally kicks ass. i love his new stuff. oh man i sound like a groupie!

True Jersey Girl said...

But did you see the cover songs they did? Oh man, they were not so good.

Charlie Mc said...

The covers were pretty harsh...especially The Motels!

supplymadam said...

Missed it again,was watching the Mets get thier asses kicked.

Molly said...

I wish I had watched. "Ice Ice Baby" is still one of my top five favorite songs, I'm not fronting, I own the CD and listen to it often. Ice is my boy! He came to my university my senior year and I went to see him and he rocked it out doing his old stuff, it was awesome!

Anonymous said...

I've barely heard of any of these groups, except for the Vanilla Ice guy. Maybe I should watch and become enlightened. What time and what channel is the show on?