Saturday, June 25, 2005

A Little About C-Mac......

Ok, even though I am not a big fan of these “tags” I’ll do this one because Kate sent it to me. Time to know a little but more about me:

10 Years Ago…..I was managing a very large retail store, dating a girl named Danielle. I was young and pretty naïve about people and the world. Although I am very out going and personable today, I was even more so back then. Hootie and the Blowfish was the big band played on the radio that summer. You could not go 10 minutes without hearing a Hootie song in the summer of ’95. It was a pretty fun time in my life, but I would not go back if I could.

5 Years ago….I started coming to Long Beach regularly because I had just met a girl named Joyce. We ended up dating for 3 years and living together. Looking back, it was a fun time in my life. That summer and that time molded the person I am today and introduced me to the great community where I live today. I remember the Red Hot Chili Pepper’s album "Californication" being played that summer and it was the summer of Destiny’s Child’s debut. I had this little convertible Geo Tracker that I used to take up on the beach and chill. This is definitely one of the times in my life I would go back to. That summer I also introduced my friend Doug to Joyce’s friend Alison. They were married 2 years ago and just had a baby boy named Logan last month.

1 Year ago….I had just moved into the house I live in now. I was just settling in and getting acquainted with the neighborhood. I was planning CMACAPALOOZA II and enjoying the summer. I’ve made some good friends since then like The Sugar V. I’ve gotten to know many more people at work on a personal level because last summer I had only been at my job a few months. I’ve enjoyed the friendships I’ve built and the people I’ve gotten to know. Last summer was the summer of Usher. You could not turn on a radio without hearing an Usher song. Anytime I hear “Oh yeah” or “Confessions” it takes me back to the summer of ’04.

Yesterday….I had a nice talk with K-FO. I’m looking forward to us being there for each other and moving on. I hope you can regain my trust slowly but surely. I had a 5k run at night that I did very well in. I watched my beloved Yankees lose again, this time to the Mets!

Today…I got up early, watered the lawn, ran 6.5 miles and now I am cooling off with some water. I am going to get some sun, do some work in the yard, take Bruce to the dog park, go to Costco for some CMACAPALOOZA III party stuff and hopefully hit the town tonight.

Tomorrow….Will be a lazy day at the beach and a BBQ.

5 Snacks I Enjoy…Cool Ranch Doritos, red and green grapes, chocolate chip cookies, English muffin pizzas, cantaloupe

5 Songs I know all the words to….Honestly, hundreds. I am a musical maven. I could seriously name hundreds! But I will just say “Born to Run” (Springsteen), “Honesty” (Billy Joel), “Moondance” (Van Morrison), “Let It Be” (The Beatles), and “What’s Goin’ On (Marvin Gaye)

5 Reality TV Shows I watch……Survivor, The Apprentice, The Biggest Loser, The Contender, and American Idol.

5 TV Shows I watch Daily…..Nightly News, Yankee Games. (sorry only 2!!)

5 Things I would do with $100,000,000….Buy a house in the Hamptons, Pay off all my friends’ and family’s debt, Travel, buy Bruce a bunch of brothers and sisters, help out people in need.

5 locations I would run away to…..Hawaii, Aruba, Fiji, Palau, Bermuda

5 things I like doing…..(I assume this is other than sex????) Running, writing, cooking, laughing with friends, and hanging out with Bruce.

5 things I would never wear….A speedo, cowboy boots, sandals/opened toed shoes(except on beach), those “Gilligan” looking sun hats, and any Hawaiian shirt pattern.

5 recently seen movies that I like…”Million Dollar Baby” “Cinderella Man” that’s all I can think of, not a summer movie goer.

5 famous people I want to meet….Bruce Springsteen (the man is a genius), Don Mattingly (the best baseball player I have ever seen), Cristina Aguilera (In a hotel room for about 3 weeks), Bill Clinton (great politician), and Former NY Governor Mario Cuomo (a great speaker and a bright man).

5 biggest joys of the moment….Getting back into great shape, my blog, my dog Bruce, my friends at work and at home, seeing my dad get a bit better from his stroke last year.

5 people to tag…..It’s the weekend, enjoy everyone! No tagging!

16 comments:

Marie said...

I enjoyed reading through your answers. I had to chuckle a bit because I also associate different periods of my life with what music was big at the time. :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Megarita said...

Love the sandal-free oath. Thank you on behalf of myself at least! I've seen too many ugly boy feet this summer already!

The Diva ♥ said...

i must be slow i just got it u named your dog bruce after Bruce Springsteen u r a genius. i enjoy working out/running too.

Steakhead said...

Things I Did Yesterday- watching the Mets beat the Yankees 6-4.

Things I Am Doing Today- Watching the Mets as they are beating the Yankees 3-0. Celebrating the 1 Year Anniversary with Lady Steakhead.

Things I Am Doing Tomorrow- Watching the Mets complete the sweep of the Yankees. Playing golf.

Enjoy C-Mac.

Darcey said...

Honey, I hate to correct you, but 2000 was not the debut of Destiny's Child. They released "No, No, No" on the self-titled album in 1997. Yes, it was with the original 4 members, but that was still their debut. And their biggest album, Survivor wasn't released until 2001, and that was their first album in that featured Beyonce, Kelly & Michelle (who have since "retired").

It was cool to read your answers - more insight to the man that is CMac. :)

Charlie Mc said...

Freaky, there will be PLENTY of Billy Joel at the party!!!!

Steak, looks like a mets sweep is definitely possible, the Yanks deserve to lose at this point...Happy Anniversary!

Muse, Up here, Destiny's Child really started to get radio play in 2000 with "Say My Name" "Bills, Bills, Bills" and "Jumpin' Jumpin" off the "Writing's On The Wall" CD(released 1999). We really did not hear of them before that!

Fred said...

Springsteen is my hero. Glad someone else agrees; he's not on the radar screen much anymore.

I used to see him in run-down venues back in the early 70's, and then followed Southside Johnny as Bruce wrote many of their songs.

If you don’t have Tracks from Springsteen, get it. My favorite collection.

Darcey said...

Still. 1999. But its a technicality, and you're so damn cute that I think I can forgive you. :)

supplymadam said...

It's nice to remember good times in our lives we would like to back to. I had alot of good times in my,well lets say younger days. I miss my dog(Goofy) but am having a great time with my new dog(Angus).
Because he is also Sotty mix he has a lot of similarities. So much so I forgot how crazy Goofy was at this age.
I hope your Dad gets better.That's the most important thing.
Was that 10-3 Mets?

Miss_Vicki said...

You're cool, in that you are appreciative of the things that made you who you are today, and appreciative of what you have now. Any guy who loves dogs is ok in my book.

This weekend is the ONLY TIME you will EVER see me rooting for the Mets :)

Dawn said...

Thanks for the answers...I feel like I know you a little bit better. I love music and working out also:)

True Jersey Girl said...

Great answers...and I agree with most of them (especially Donnie Baseball) except for Cristina Aguillera. Although I understand your sentiment.

Anonymous said...

You're so sentimental, w/a hard edge - I really like that about you. That's why we keep coming back.

Charlie Mc said...

awwwwwwwwwwww Afromabq, u r too nice!!!!

Kristi said...

I Love your Dog Bruce!!!

good to know you....

Panthergirl said...

I loved reading that!!!

You watch all the silly reality stuff that I watch, too. And Bill and Mario would DEFINITELY be on my list.

You are one cool dude, C.