Friday, June 10, 2005

Cell Phone Sweep

It's been a LONG time coming. I finally cleaned out a TON of phone numbers from my cell phone. I was up to 223 phone numbers in there. That's just insane.


Clean Sweeeeeeep Posted by Hello

I must admit, it was like a trip down memory lane. As I scrolled and laid each person and number I no longer wanted in there to rest, a brief memory of each person flashed through my mind. Many of them were memories of drunken nights out and about and girls that I only knew for a few hours. Some were girls I dated for a few months, some for a few years. Others were friends I have parted ways with over the years and others were old work acquaintances. I am now down to a lean 46 numbers in my phone. It's a mere shell of the glory this phone once possessed, but it was time. Anyone I have not talked to or texted in the last 4 or 5 months or so, or anyone I no longer wish to talk to was removed. Kind of harsh? I don't think so. Time to look ahead to the new people I will meet and time to continue to cherish the people who have stuck around and been there for me who remain in the phone. Some were tough to delete and I struggled to press that erase button......

In the words of Billy Joel, "Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again."

Now, time to go out and load this fucker up again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just did the same thing with my new cell phone. It really is hard to get rid of old numbers. It's like letting go of the past. I even had numbers in my phone from people I don't even remember. LOL.

Wanna make it 47... hahah

Charlie Mc said...

Yes I do Kate, I need a nice CT listing in there.... :)

CiaFai said...

I know exactly what you mean. There are times when I go through my numbers and there are some that I don't even know who they are. I think that might have to do with my bad memory. With 415 names in my phone, I struggle with erasing, there for the high number. Then there are numbers of people who I don't want to talk to, because well I just don't, that's why I keep them on my phone, so when they do call I know it's them and I won't pick up. How many Joe's, Mike's, Anthony's, Chris's and Christina's, Danny's and I could go on...do people really know? Apparently I know at least 5 of each name. Though there is this one particular number I have in my phone, which has probably changed, I can not part with. That's just an issue of letting go of my feelings which I have not been able to conquer yet. I'll just keep it there to make me reminisce and sometimes just ponder on the WHAT IF?

Charlie Mc said...

after last night's drunk dial, I think I need to take another number or two out of there!

Anonymous said...

Saturday night's drunk dial was one of the best things you did. It helped us both and I love you for it. Don't ever take my number off or I will get Abby out after you!

Anonymous said...

Whoever anonymous is, I hope you are being nice to Charlie, he deserves it.