Friday, June 10, 2005

Friday Randomness

Well, we just about made it through another week, as always I am looking ahead to the weekend. 12:15 can't come fast enough today. Here are my random thoughts for today:

Remember when companies actually paid you weekly? I hate this 2 times a month bullshit. There was something to look forward to EVERY week. I have not been paid weekly in over a decade. Most companies wanted to eliminate cost and pay every other week or twice monthly. I currently get paid on the 15th and the last day of the month. If the 15th lands on a weekend, we get paid the Friday before which means we can go upwards of 18 days between paychecks. Thank God for the pimpin' cash I make on the side.

Speaking of money, I hate monthly bills. Cable, Gas, Electric, Cell Phone, you name it. Don't you hate these bills? I think the cell phone bill is my least favorite. I have a good plan, but occasionally I go over on my minutes. It's fucked up, you go 10 minutes over and your bill doubles. I hate the cell phone bill more than any bill. What monthly bill pisses you off the most?

I still have not purchased my beach passes. I have to do that this weekend. That kind of irritates me too. Paying to sit on a beach. Isn't the beach there for everyone to enjoy, it's part of nature and the earth that God created, yet we have to pay to go on it. I guess the $2000.00 in monthly rent isn't enough to live there. Fuckers.

It's supposed to be close to 90 degrees and sunny here this weekend, we've been lucky the last few weekends, let's hope it lasts! Have a great weekend everyone!

21 comments:

The Diva ♥ said...

I hate bills too!

Anonymous said...

This is why I go to NY in September when it is still hot, I don;t have to pay for the passes then:)

Charlie Mc said...

betel- too funny, thanks for the laugh!

Charlie Mc said...

it's gonna clear up in a bit freaky.....the weekend is gonna be great! Better home than here, don't complain!

Anonymous said...

That is the first time I've ever heard that people have to pay for a beach pass. How awful, and how bizare. Bills suck!

True Jersey Girl said...

Is the NY/NJ area the only place you have to pay to go to the beach? Its totally insane.

supplymadam said...

Yeah I hate bills too. It's just another time of the month I hate!

Anonymous said...

C-Mac, I just got my passes on Saturday, $60.00 this year! What a rip off. At least we are Long beach residents, it's like $110.00 for non-residents. Those Bastards. Hope to see you this weekend at some point.

Darcey said...

Nah, I distinctly remember going with VK last summer in Pensacola and having to pay for the beach pass. But that may just be because it was a protected area.

I think I hate my cable bill the most. Probably because how little time I spend watching TV (particularly cable), and its the only bill that I can't pay from my automated 3rd-party service. Well, that one and Victoria's Secret card, but I don't mind paying that one - its a well-loved card.

Anonymous said...

We don't have to pay for beach passes here in CT (they're free, if you're not lazy enough to go pick one up like I am), but if you miss the deadline then you have to pay $10 to enter each time even if you're a resident. It sucks.

I'm also a fan Charlie. I have to get my dose of C-Mac every morning so I can start my day off right. :)

Vixen said...

It is Crazy that you have to pay to go to the beach. Who exactly owns the beach and the ocean? I don't recall seeing that property next to boardwalk on Monopoly...

Jenni said...

Paying to sit on the beach? You should come to MN...we have more shorline that Hawaii, and it's FREE! It's all about the "Land of 10,000 Lakes."

Jillian said...

I hate all bills...I pay the freaking things for a living. At least I get paid to spend other peoples money!!!!!!!

Miss_Vicki said...

Dude, I get paid monthly, I don't want to hear you whinin about getting paid twice a month! ;)

We used to have to get beach passes on the Jersey shore too - I assume you still do, but I never did (well, unless I get caught - I am terribly unlawful in Jersey aren't I? :op)

Anonymous said...

Love Long Island. Never mind paying when you can walk on the beach forever--great sand.

personally I love Jones Beach the most though Main Beach in East Hampton is always ranked as one of the top in the world.

Long Island is soooo underrated when it's so beautiful.

But I'm thinking of moving to California, so what do I know?

Anonymous said...

Nic, at the state park beaches it's for parking. In Long Beach where C-Mac and I live, if you don't have a yearly pass it's $6 per person, per visit to go on the beach, there is no parking charge in Long beach. There are booths at the entrances to each beach right on the boardwalk that you either have to show a pass to or pay the $6.00. It's crazy

Matt said...

paying for the beach? that's nucking futz. we have public beach accesses everywhere here.

who owns the beach man? you can own the beach but not the water, it's God's water. What if a hot girl breaks her ankle on your beach.

she can sue me!

or something like that.

erl said...

companies paid yearly?! when!??!?

WordWhiz said...

You too, Charlie! Have a GREAT one!

PS: You do pimping? Got any hunky firemen for hire?

Panthergirl said...

I hate the bill for my SUV which I rarely drive, but I'm "upside down" on the loan for. (it's worth less than I owe on it). I drive the MINI all the time, but I need a bigger vehicle for the times I take my dog anywhere (how fucked up is that? The dog has his own car?)

I'm spoiled with the cell phone thing, because it's a perk at work and I never see the bill. I don't use it that much, frankly.

The private beach is the ONE thing I miss about living in Greenwich. Of course, the LI Sound is like a giant baby pool...no waves...but that beach is beautiful.

supplymadam said...

Panthergirl that was funny about your dog having his own car!lol