Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Big Check

The big check bothers me. You know the one I am talking about, the big check made out to charities, prize winners, etc. Why do they feel a need to show this big check? If they are having a ceremony to celebrate the raising of $50,000 for cancer research, I'll take your word that you really raised the money. I really don't need to see a bunch of douche bags posing with a big check in hand.

Look at these 3, fuckin' scary! Look at the hair on the middle dude. Amazing what you can find on the internet!!!!!


Guess The Bank Drive-Up Window Is Out Of The Question Posted by Hello

What do you do with a check this size once the ceremony is over? You certainly can't cash it, you can't save it as a souvenir, what good is it?

The "Prize Patrol" people annoy me. You know, that Publishers Clearing House van that shows up at people's doors to surprise them with balloons, cameras flashing, and of course......the big check. Is it me, or do only redneck hicks win those sweepstakes? I think the criteria involved to win the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes is a maximum of 3 teeth in your mouth, a house you can tow with your car, a tire swing in the front yard, and having a wife that is also your sister. If the Prize Patrol ever showed up at my door with the million dollar check, I'd refuse it and turn them away so I would not be associated with past winners of that prize.

No more big checks!!!!!

8 comments:

Miss_Vicki said...

If you send them away, can you please give them directions to my house? My parents are from the south, I'll fit right in ;)

You need to have a drink and relax! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't get too crazy now. LOL. I wouldn't turn away a big check. :)

Laurie said...

No, Wordwhiz, it's not just you. I don't know what I'd do if I was ambushed like that!

And, I agree with Kate, too: Big check, little check, check the size of Texas. I don't care. I'll find a way to cash it. :)

Anonymous said...

I DO know what I DID when I was ambushed! This is what I did...

http://www.denibonet.com/blog/?p=8

I didn't present the winner of my contest with a big check tonight, but I DID make him a movie! Come over and check it out!

Unknown said...

Thats not a big check...thats three very little people.

Matt said...

how would i fit that thing in my money clip?

supplymadam said...

If I got a check I don't care what size it is,as long as the amount on it is BIG!

Vulgar Wizard said...

I was thinking the same thing yesterday morning (maybe with less irritation) at Sears when I saw a bunch of corporate looking jokers with a big-ass check for the Hope House walking out of the heavily guarded optical department, followed by none other than Ty Pennington in the sunburned flesh! Now, I'm sorry, but there is NO check large enough to take away from the fact that a celebrity (of sorts) was walking around a department store in a shitty mall in central Louisiana. That kind of shit just doesn't happen everyday, and that damned check was huge! The chick carrying it ran into clothes racks and displays all the way around the store back to the loading dock. I remember thinking, "how the hell is somebody from the Hope House gonna bring that big-ass thing to the bank without getting jumped upon by a local thug in the ghetto? What the hell am I rambling about here?!?!?!?!?!?!