Tuesday, June 21, 2005

C-Mac, The Deli Turkey

Americans consume tons and tons of meats each year. From roasts, to steaks, to cold cuts, to Thanksgiving turkeys, America loves meat. This brings me to today's topic, meat. If you had to be any animal slaughtered for meat what would it be and how would you like to be cooked and eaten?

I personally would like to be a turkey. Not a Thanksgiving turkey though. Thanksgiving turkeys get eaten fast and by only a few people, I would want a legacy. I'd want to be a cold cut turkey. I say that because I would like to be distributed and eaten by many people. I would also love the grand stage of that lit showcase at the deli or supermarket. I love being on stage or in front of people, the neon lights of that deli case would be one great way to go out...like a final performance before I am consumed by the masses. People from many towns could see me in that case and point at me, "A pound of that turkey please." I would be thinly sliced into the silky comfort of wax paper and brought home for all to enjoy. Then I'd be nestled between two doughy soft slices of bread, resting on a bed of lettuce, and moisturized with some mayo or mustard. That's the way to go!

What animal would you want to be, and how would you like to be cooked and consumed?

9 comments:

Bridget Unnel said...

I would like to be an egg. Since I never would have reached my potential, I wouldn't know what I was missing. Besides, who doesn't like omelletes?

Jenni said...

Blowfish sashimi. One wrong cut by the sushi chef and the person who eats me would be dead...a little excitement on my way out!

The Diva ♥ said...

do i really need to answer this one. gee i think i would like to be fried up.

Anonymous said...

Meat... now why am I not surprised that you'd make that one of your topics. LOL. :)

Jillian said...

I would have to say a Beaver......eat me anyway you want!!!!!!!!! Just take your time!!!!!!!!!

erl said...

oh my god CHARLIE. this question is groooooooooss. and so so so so wrong.

Miss_Vicki said...

LMAO you have gone and left me speechless!

I'd like to be whatever meat Javy Lopez eats and any way he wants it :)

supplymadam said...

I like Jill's answer! Good one!
Wow who woulda thunk this would be a topic of interest?
No beef please. Do not want to be associated with a cow.
Maybe a chicken so that when they cut off my head I can run around and torment the executioner for a little while.

Anonymous said...

As long as you ate me C-Mac, I would not care what I was.....