Thursday, July 21, 2005

Sesame Street

Sesame Street has been an American institution for the past 31 years or so. All of us have watched it, enjoyed it, and learned from it while growing up. Even today, the parents that grew up on Sesame Street are now watching it with their children. What amazes me the most about Sesame Street are the characters on the show and their purpose.


One Fucked Up Bunch Posted by Picasa


For instance, what purpose does Oscar the Grouch serve? He sits in a garbage can heckling people, bitching about his miserable life, and just being as negative as one can be. Is this little green fucker really necessary? I mean come on, it's been 31 years, put this fucker out for the trash already and put him out of his fuckin' misery. I'd love to see him crushed in that compactor with his can.

Then there is Snuffleupagus, he is definitely on the pipe. He mopes around, slurring his speech, and talking like a a crackhead. What is he, an elephant, a mammoth? He needs to fuckin OD already and die. He is useless and will end up on welfare collecting off my hard earned tax dollars..

Grover was the first recorded case of ADD and the first Ritalyn recipient. He was always hyper and yelling and jumping around. He is just a fuckin' moron with an IQ of about 20. What does he teach kids, how to be a fuckin' idiot?

Ernie and Bert are homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that) and we all know it. Yes, they haved separate beds, but somehow they always end up in the same bed. They haung out in the tub together quite often as well. That isn't the rubber ducky Ernie is always reaching for.

Big Bird, what is his story? He is a whiney ass bitch too. He serves no purpose but to be the street's drama queen. He is in everyone's business causing all kinds of problems. He is like an old fuckin' washwoman. All he needs are the rollers in his fuckin' feathers. He is a bitch.

Then there is cookie monster. A blue blob of crap that eats cookies and growls. Recently they put his ass on Weight Watchers and told that fucker he can't be eating cookies all the time.

It's amazing we learned from this crew. I suppose there's a Bert, Ernie, Cookie, Oscar, Grover, Snuffleupagus, and Big Bird represented in all of our lives.

18 comments:

Kristi said...

I have never looked at Sesame street in such a way before.
Thank Goodness Charley has never gotten to watch it.

Serenity said...

I really don't know what to say? Guess I could say thanks for the memories. Be GLAD NOT MAD!

Fred said...

My kids shunned Big Bird and instead fell in love with Barney. If I ever hear the "I love you..." song again, I might go postal.

Vixen said...

Sesame Street is the reason there are so many disfunctional families now right?!

CMAC - Meet SMAC - http://whatsthenameofthegame.blogspot.com/

Miss_Vicki said...

I used to love the Snuffster - no wonder I.... never mind ;)

Can't forget about Captain Noah, or Zoom, or The Banana Splits!!!

Miss_Vicki said...

oh and The Electric Company, remember them?

Anonymous said...

I never watched Sesame Street growing up. I guess I was the only kid who didn't grow up with Bert & Ernie. LOL

Darcey said...

CMac - Yes, get to know SMAC - she's a very cool hasher chick that I got to meet at the TITS campout!

And how could you bash Seasame Street? I learned how to count to 10 in Spanish from that show! And my first 2 cats were named Oscar and Grenjetta (Oscar's trashy girlfriend). And my mom once had a boyfriend that could do a perfect imitation of Big Bird (and Kermit, actually), so I'd call him up just to talk to Big Bird.

The guy who played Big Bird (Carroll Spinney) wrote a really great book about his experience. I highly recommend it.

No-L said...

What about the count? His one... HAHAHA, two... HAHAHAH. I never understood the laughing.

I always loved the pinball rubberball thing that went through all the places, I know weird!

Christie E. Little said...

Hey...you've come full circle when you get to go see Sesame Street Live!

Woohoo! Smokin'! Kids galore...and intermission so parents can be trapped by all the Elmo Balloons!

XOXO
C

Hu Flung Pu said...

Although the sesame street gang was cool, I was more into Fraggle rock myself......

Marie said...

Hahaha! I've never really seen it from that interesting perspective. ;-) And I'm blushing at the thought of Bert and Ernie's shenanigans in the bath tub!

Southern Sweetheart said...

Hey CMAC -- too funny. What about Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Elmo??? I think we all have a few of those represented in our lives too!

Bridget Unnel said...

Dude, you know waaaaaaaay too much about that show!

supplymadam said...

I think Sesame Street came on when I was in 5th or sixth grade. Tooo immature for us "big" kids. Although this fat kid started calling me big bird because I was tall and back then girls just weren't tall like now. At least he didn't call me Miss Piggy.

Heather said...

Such an angry point of view, Charlie! Who peed in your Cheerios yesterday afternoon?

Haley said...

First time to the page. This is some funny stuff! I have to say that I always loved Sesame Street and used to cart around a very beat up Elmo doll and have my mother read me a grover book every night (she could do the voice).

Here's something interesting though: they were talking about having that segment "one of these things is not like the other" removed because it "encouraged prejudice among children". Give me a fuckin break!

Anonymous said...

my sides hurt from laughter.....!...think the puppeteers were definately on something. How come puppets never get gray hair? Remember Morgan Freeman on electric company?....look at him now. Think Kermit or Grover will win an "Oscar" hahahaha?

My favorite was Grover.....very high strung.

Sesame street - creative genuis!