Friday, July 08, 2005

Party Town, USA

Well, after a very active 4th of July weekend, this one has the makings of a much crazier and fun filled weekend. Tonight I will be soaked in tropical storm rains down at Tommy Hilfiger-Jones Beach Theater watching John Fogerty and John Mellencamp. I've seen Mellencamp a few times down there and have enjoyed him each time. Hopefully, the heaviest of the rain will have passed by showtime!

Tomorrow night, CMACAPALOOZA III down in Long Beach. My annual birthday bash is taking place tomorrow night. Every year, because of all the running around and planning, I always say "This is the last year I am doing it" but because it's so much fun and I enjoy entertaining and seeing everyone have a good time, I always go ahead with the planning. I've had parties the last 7 years or so. My old roomie Alex dubbed it CMACAPALOOZA back in 2003 and the name stuck. Last year's CMACAPALOOZA II was good, but not as crazy as the parties of the past. Hopefully Sugar V, The FREAKYVIRGIN, DARIANJ, HU FLUNG PU, and SUPPLYMADAM will take this year's party to a new level of insanity. Not to mention all the other wacky guests on the list. Weather looks like it's going to be great tomorrow night for lots of fun and shenanigans.

The parties of the past were insane. From frozen chicken bowling, to baby powder hockey, to drunken bike demolition derbys, to Michael Jackson impersonations with an oven mitt, to Long Beach Police partying with us, the memories are priceless. I am glad we are all getting together tomorrow night and hopefully we'll have some great stories to look back on and laugh about. There will most definitely be a Sugar V sausage story....so stay tuned.

In the spirit of partying, I am going to leave you all with this today....great lyrics from a tune written by Glen Frey from the Eagles when he went solo years ago, it's quite fitting for all of us on this Friday. Enjoy your weekend everyone!!!

I got sick of my job, sick of my wife
Sick of my future and sick of my life
I packed up my car and I got some gas
And told everybody they could kiss my ass
I'm goin' to Party town (Yeah, yeah)
I wanna party down (Yeah, yeah)
I wanna have some fun
I wanna fool around
I'm goin' to Party town
The sun comes up, the sun goes down
Doesn't really matter in Party town
They go all day and they go all night
They keep on goin' until they get it right
Right here in Party town (Yeah, yeah)
They really party down (Yeah, yeah)
Man it's a party town (Yeah, yeah)
You know they all got their own
And they pass it all around

Well I'm burnin' like a blowtorch in my prime
Everybody here is a friend of mine
I met a little girl a couple shooters ago
She's teachin' me ev'rything I don't know
About Party town (Yeah, yeah)
They really party down (Yeah, yeah)
You know they love to ball
They do it in the hall
Right here in Party town

28 comments:

Vixen said...

Have a great time at your party CMAC and Happy Birthday!! Are you over the hill yet??? :)

Charlie Mc said...

Hey Diane, my birthday is next Tuesday, but you know how it is, a birthday weekend before or after your birthday!!! :)

Not quite over the hill, but approaching the hill! hhahaha

Bridget Unnel said...

HARRUMPH!!

Where's my invite, you devil?!

Happy advance birthday to you. Enjoy Mellencamp and the CMACAPALOOZA!

Serenity said...

You are making me hungry with all this talk about food! So when shall I have my butler get the jet ready?
How old are ya?

Charlie Mc said...

Sunflower! Welcome to the beach...a pair of 3's coming my way........

Jillian said...

Have a great weekend and a Happy Birthday!!!!

Jenni said...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take some pictures. Oh, and I vote for the Michael Jackson-oven mitt dance again...that shit's funny :)

Have a GREAT time!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds great. I'm so jealous. Hope you have an awesome birthday weekend! :)

Heather said...

Sounds like a blast!

Have a drink for me!

Can't wait to hear all the stories!

Darcey said...

Happy birthday, you 'tard! Wish I could be there to see you blow out the candles! It might resemble Sherman's burning of Atlanta by this point, no? ;)

Have a great time, and drink plenty for me!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll be having a great B-day weekend Charlie. I'll toast you while I'm in Vegas this weekend. Aren't friends the best! They make life so much funner (I know that's not a word, but it fits).

Hu Flung Pu said...

I will be skinny dipping in the Atlantic by midnight. Any takers??

Anonymous said...

And if you're going to take pics, I wanna see one of those hands ;).

Nicole said...

I've got a special present just for you CMac!!

;*

Charlie Mc said...

and what is that Bipolar??? :)

Steph said...

I think I love this song.

Steph said...

Oh, and have a great birthday weekend at CMACAPALOOZA!!!!

Charlie Mc said...

Thanks Glam!!!!!!! ;)

Unknown said...

You know me Mr. Shenanigans

Marie said...

You guys are going to have SO much fun!! Wish I could crash your party, but have a shot for me. Can't wait to hear the recap of events. LOL

Enjoy Mellencamp and your birthday weekend, Charlie. I'm sending you early birthday kisses...;-)

Nicole said...

I'll let you write the ending to my poem!

Charlie Mc said...

ok, I'll write it!!!!

True Jersey Girl said...

Happy birthday...and can't a Jersey Girl snag an invite??? ;)

Charlie Mc said...

All the locals can snag an invite....Kate, Bridget, Jersey Girl....e-mail me if interested....

I wish BLUEAQUA1 lived closer!!!!!

Panthergirl said...

You have a great b-day party, C-Mac! Glad your party isn't TONIGHT, since it's raining like a son-of-a-bitch. Here's hoping for some great weather and a great bash!

The Diva ♥ said...

i want pics of sugarv doing a kegstand.

supplymadam said...

Looking forward to it! See ya at CMACPALOOZA. Not sure if I can contribute to your craziness but I will sure try.
You're Craaaaazy!

The Diva ♥ said...

if u want u can borrow my beer bong and my beastie boys cd brass monkey!