Monday, July 11, 2005

Creative Panhandlers

Many people that panhandle on city streets are destitute and are really in need, others are scam artists. Over the years I have seen many panhandlers on the streets holding signs. The majority of them say "Need Money for Food" or "Spare Some Change"
or something along those begging lines. Other signs I've seen have been brutally honest and have had sayings like "Why Lie, I need a Beer!!!" written across them. Then there are guys like this dude, who get creative:


A True Entrepreneur Posted by Picasa

Now, I'd drop $2.00 in there and just get all my frustrations out on this fucker. This guy is a business genius. Somebody misses their train and is pissed, drop $2.00 in a pail and go nuts on this dude. Got fired from your job, drop in $2.00 and lose it. Wife banging the cable guy, take it out on this guy for $2.00 and spare yourself the jail sentence for killing her.

Now the question for you tonight is this, if you were a panhandler what would your sign say. How creative are you?

Here are some ideas for mine:

Need to get laid, prostitutes aren't cheap......
My other bucket is a rubbermaid.....
I used to be the voice of Woody Woodpecker, now look!
Another George W. Bush victim, have mercy!!!
Former Beer Pong Champion....


Speaking of begging and panhandling, if you haven't voted for my blog yet this week, please click on the Vote Top Blog Icon to your left and vote for C-Mac at the beach! Thanks!!

11 comments:

sarahshep said...

So I'm lazy...I still need money!

Or how about "The wife kicked me out for a rich guy, help me...."

Admin said...

Need a bagel. Twenty five nickels is all it takes. I ain't askin' for no subway tokens or Metrocards.

Anonymous said...

Sugar V's would say, Will Work For Sausage!!

Sorry Sugar, I could not resist!

Christie E. Little said...

"The man in my life can go off to war many times over and leave me with the kids, dog and house....but still he's a control freak about the money..."
*
(So..with my smile that works for me)....
*
"Please donate to the secret slush fund stash...I'll make you a Christie Tini in return!"
(and yes there is a slush fund!)

Hu Flung Pu said...

I always give to the less fortunate

Jillian said...

I wish I had run into that guy today!!!!!

Bridget Unnel said...

"My other bucket is a rubbermaid....." LOVE THAT ONE!

"Captain of Olympic Dumpster Diving Team. Need money to continue training."

supplymadam said...

Bring back Gulianni!

supplymadam said...

One time my husband was driving a truck in Manhattan for his job and a guy came up to him when he stopped for a light and asked him for some change. When my husband told him he had no change the guy said"What kind of job do you have"?
My husband replied "It's better than yours"

Unknown said...

"I lost my job and all I got was this stupid sign"

Marie said...

Hilarious! Very clever indeed. Charlie, if you were here at the beach in CA, your sign could be "Will work as your cabana boy"...I'm sure you'd make some NICE coin. ;)