Monday, March 07, 2005

What to Wear

Is it just me, or are there people where you work that wear the SAME outfit every day? I won't mention names on here, but there is a person who wears the same shirt and pants daily here at the office. Does he/she think we don't notice? If he/she changed it up with 3 outfits for a five day week, we probably would not notice, but the SAME one every day?

Ever go on a first date with someone on say a Friday Night...you wear a nice sweater and pants and you look good. Then it comes time to see them again in say a week or so. You for some reason, feel like wearing that sweater again but you wonder if the person will remember what you wore the week earlier. When is it acceptable to go into wardrobe re-runs? After like date 3? Or is it more about the time that has lapsed between dates which determines whether that outfit can be put back in the rotation? Do you often wonder if people remember what you wore like 2 days ago? Like you go out on Friday with your friends, do laundry on Saturday and want to wear the same shirt (clean now) on Sunday when you hang with them but are afraid they will remember the shirt? I think unless the shirt is really unique, bright, or flashy...nobody really remembers what the hell we wore unless we wear it EVERY day....your thoughts?

4 comments:

Molly said...

I for one go with the "uniform" look and no one can really tell without careful scrutiny that I don't wear the same thing every day as I ALWAYS wear black pants, and a black shirt to work every day (though sometimes I spice it up with a colored shirt on top of a black shirt) BUT I own 15 pairs of black pants and over 20 black shirts...I don't wear the same thing every day, but it might appear that way to a casual bystander. I am a little bit "Ernest" with clothes, especially when it comes to work clothes.

supplymadam said...

I can't compare myself with going to work because I work from home. But if I have appointments to see people I can wear the same thing to each appointment.(aren't I lucky?) As far as everyday clothes it can be spread out enough not to be noticed

Bridget Unnel said...

I had a "uniform" last weekend. Does that count? Friday night, I came home from work and through on jeans and a sweatshirt. Since I only wore them outto a diner for about 90 minutes, I wore them again on Saturday. I have no idea what my rationale was for puttingthem on again, post shower, on Sunday. Maybe I'm just a lazy slob. :)

Bridget Unnel said...

Darn, look at all my typos. I need more caffeine. And yes, that should be "threw" not "through" in the third sentence.