Thursday, March 03, 2005

Certified Mail

So I get home yesterday and there's a certified mail card from the US Post Office in my mailbox. It said they attempted to deliver a certified letter to me and I was not home. It says please pick up at the Post Office between 9-5. It does not tell you who the letter is from or what it's about. I hate that shit. Who's home between 9-5 that can pick up the letter? People work assholes! It also does not tell you who the letter is from. The fuckin' UNIBOMBER could be sending me a greeting card and I would not know. At least tell someone on the card who it's from so they don't get all stressed. I am sure it is no big deal, but I hate not knowing for days who the letter is from, if it's important, or what it's about. All this crazy shit runs through your head as to what the letter could be about. Nobody sends you something casual through certified mail right? Ok, I am paranoid. hahahaha

2 comments:

Bridget Unnel said...

My landlord sent our lease renewal to us certified. We got the notice on a Monday, and wondered until Saturday who it was from. To be pains in the asses, we sent back our notice that we weren't renewing certified just to make them huff it to the post office. Thirty days later, it was returned to us. The lazy bastards never claimed it! They got three notices to go pick it up and never bothered!

supplymadam said...

I think the post office has an obligation to inform us of the sender's address. Oh wait that might not work because if it's something you don't want then you won't go get it. I don't know, I guess there's not too much to do about it. But it is rather stupid that after 3 tries it goes back. How many people are actually home betweeen the hours of 8-5? I say the night shift should deliver certified mail.