Monday, March 21, 2005

.99

I don't know about you, but I am tired of things ending in .99 where ever you go. Italian restaurant $14.99 for the chicken parmasean, you aren't fooling me, I know it's really $15!!!! Then you head to the supermarket, $5.99 for the mozzarella, yo, I know it's $6! Are people really that fooled by the .99 still? Do they still think something $7.99 is $7? I like the gas stations, regular gas $2.17.9 cents! It's $2.18 jerk-off! Why a .99 cent store? Just make it the dollar store! I like assholes who ask how much something is in the dollar store...there's always a moron in every bunch. But then again, I once saw an old lady order a Big Mac at Taco Bell. When the girl told her sorry m'aam this is Taco Bell, she briefly argued, walked outside, looked at the sign on the building, came back in and decided on the meximelt. True story.

3 comments:

Molly said...

That's marketing 101. Studies show people are more willing to pay $14.99 than $15. Dumb indeed, but supposedly it makes a difference.

supplymadam said...

I say "86" the "99"

Bridget Unnel said...

Congratulations. I went to list something on eBay yesterday afternoon and was guilted into rounding up the full dollar rather than use the .99 ploy. I hold you responsible now if it doesn't sell. ;)