Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Store Chaos....

I was always a big fan of practical jokes. From tormenting people on the phone to office jokes, I enjoy a good laugh. I was talking to someone yesterday about a stunt I pulled about 12 years ago.......

I had worked for a large discount retail chain (similar to Target) as an operations manager. We all had to wear the khacki pants with the red polo shirt as our uniform. When I quit and moved on I still had about 10 of these store logo shirts. One day, I got a bright idea. I called about 6 of my friends and we dressed in khackis and these red store logo shirts and went to one of the branches of this store where nobody knew me. We went into the aisles and naturally, people were coming up to us and asking us for help. "Could you tell me where the bikes are?" We'd say, "No we can't..... leave us alone, we are on a break, can't I have my breakfast in peace????" Sometimes we'd simply lie to them and send them all over the store or we'd tell people stuff was half price and that it would be taken off at the register...all kinds of crazy information. We even got as crazy as to get on one of the "red phones" and make pages. I naturally knew the code to access the PA system... we would find a phone that was off the beaten path, out of security camera range and say stuff like, "Attention Shoppers, for the next 15 minutes only all items in our housewares department are 30% off!!!" We caused mass chaos in the store that day...and we got out without getting caught.....quite a funny day indeed.......

4 comments:

Molly said...

Oh my gosh, that is EVIL! I LOVE it! What fun!

supplymadam said...

That is one of most original and funniest things I ever heard. You have one of the most wildest imaginations I've ever come across. You really need to hook up with a producer or something. I'll set it up. I'll take 20%.

Bridget Unnel said...

I used to work at a Bradlees in high school. Man, would I have loved to pull something like that! I hated every men's- underwear-stocking moment of that job. Men's socks, underwear, and sweat suits. Four hours a day, five days a week.

Anonymous said...

Someone was a bad bad boy! Naughty naughty C-Mac!