Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Day vs. Night

Day hours versus night hours are a strange comparison. Think about how long and how much happens between 10am and 6pm. You get through and entire work day with all the office shenanigans, have lunch, deal with more office BS, then head home, all in those 8 hours. It’s jam packed and it seems like it never ends. Yet 10pm to 6am flies by when you sleep. It seems like you just rest your head on the pillow, and it’s 6am and time to do it all over again!!!!! Why does night go so fast? Is someone screwing with the world clocks when we sleep? Eight hours should be eight hours, yet the nights go so fast. I think 6pm-10pm is the “fastest” time of the day for me. Those four hours are over in the blink of an eye. In those four hours I work out, cook and eat dinner, shower, chat on the phone, watch TV (a show here and there) and it’s all over with. I feel like I am getting ripped off at night with time. I want more night hours! Even though I hate winter sunsets at 4pm….I love summer nights where it gets dark at 9pm…I mean I just like the “feel” of the night as opposed to morning or afternoon. To me, about 830pm on a summer night is the absolute best. It’s warm, the sun is setting, it’s just amazing…….it will be here before we know it!

3 comments:

Bridget Unnel said...

I agree with the ol' 8:30 pm summertime assessment, especially when you're talking about a Friday or Saturday night. Weekdays and Sundays are ok, but they have that "work night" taint to them.

Molly said...

Summer nights are the best...especially when at a bonfire on the beach. Perfection!

supplymadam said...

Oh those suuuuummer niiiiights!