Monday, August 15, 2005

Monday "Trash"

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. Here we go, yet another week. Let's all savor the next 3 weeks, then summer is "unofficially" over. That sucks huh?

It was a very hot weekend here in the NY area. Highs in the upper 90's with brutal humidity. I spent a good portion of the weekend in the A/C, but I did get out and about also, which brings me to today's topic, garbage cans.

Why are people so fuckin' protective of their garbage cans? I was walking down the street, about a mile from home enjoying an ice cream. When I was finished, rather than tossing the wrapper and stick on the ground, I passed a house who had put out their trash cans for Monday's trash pickup. I proceeded to place my refuse in the pail and started walking home. This angry dude, who apparently lived in the house, yelled at me for putting garbage in his trash can. I said to him, "It's garbage, where am I supposed to put it?" He responded "Put it in your own pail!!!" I then said "It all goes to the same place right, so what's the big deal????" He replies, "It's MY garbage can, that's what the big deal is!!" I was like, "You need help buddy, you have serious issues!!!"

Now explain to me why I couldn't put a wrapper in this asshole's pail? I wasn't dumping an old refrigerator or a dead body in his trash, it was a fuckin' ice cream stick! I just don't understand some people!

Anyway, it's Monday, let's make the best of it! It's also TOP BLOG voting day, so if you'd be so kind and vote for "Bored at the Beach" by clicking on the Top Blog icon to the left, I'd be most grateful! :)

15 comments:

supplymadam said...

Tell him to bend over and be a man!

Roadkil said...

I would much rather you throw it in the can man. I dont know why anyone would worry about some one throwing trash in their can. I wish people were more like you I take ten minutes walking in my front yard and ditch cleaning up other peoples trash they have thrown out the window. How rude.
You can throw your trash in my trash can if you ever happen by.

Bridget Unnel said...

I betcha that guy doesn't get a lot of trick-or-treaters, eh?

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Some people just do not know about LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR or Treat others As you Wish to be Treated. No respect or tolerance for a considerate person like yourself!

What a jerk! He should have been happy you did not litter in his yard for him to have to bend over later to pick it up. What is wrong with some people? Angry with the world most likely....and with himself! Miserable People!

Heather said...

Good grief.

Poor Charlie, just trying to enjoy an ice cream and gets harassed.

I don't get that either...

Winnipeg Damsel said...

Sounds insane. You should have placed the wrapper sticky side down on the lid and massaged the ice cream goo in - that'll learn him!

Miss_Vicki said...

Anything for you Charlie ;)

You need to make a new version of Charlie's Angels lol (well, only if I can be one :op)

That's a great post, I forgot all about that shit. You should have suggested somewhere else you could put it ;)

Admin said...

I'd have pulled it back out of the garbage can and tossed it on his driveway instead.

Vixen said...

Wow, you would think you were taking a whole bag of trash and putting it in his garbage can. Jeez, some people!

My vote is in for this week! :)

Debi said...

I can understand if you added an extra bag, and he had to pay for it or they didn't pick it up...but one lil paper and stick isn't gonna hurt anyone...what a goon!

Molly said...

Only three more weeks of summer? GOsh how it flies by...I will be sad to see it go, other than the dreadful humidity.

Hmm I am not overly possessive of my trash can but I would never put my trash in someone else's pal, I guess I am anal like that *laugh*

Steph said...

haha Mr. Pu! I was going to say the same thing!!!

Danielle said...

You should walk your dog over there next week and leave a real nice-smelling surprise in his can...

Fred said...

I'm off to vote after this. Next time, make sure you scrape his can with your car. It would be fun to see him pick up every stinkin' piece of garbage.

The Blogger Formally Known As Van! said...

classic!