Thursday, August 18, 2005

10 Random Day To Day Annoyances

Although I am in a rather good mood today, I figured I'd chat about some shit that really annoys me throughout a typical day. Any of the following could ruin my rather good mood in a hurry:

1) I can't stand when people leave you a voice mail and say "I need to talk to you about something". Well fucko, would you be calling me if you didn't have to talk to me about something? What's worse is when they leave you a message saying "I need to talk to you about something that's bothering me" or "I need to talk to you, it's REALLY important". I hate that shit. After hearing that, you have to sit and wonder what the fuck it is until you can get a hold of them. Either say what's bothering you or what's important on the voice mail, or just say call me back.

2) People on all these "diets" bother me. The Atkins, The South Beach, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc. You don't need these plans. Dieting is really simple. You want to lose weight? Ok, stop eating crappy foods, eat a ton of fruits and vegetables, eat every 3-4 hours, drink a ton of water, but most of all, get off your ass and exercise. I am not talking about a walk around the block after dinner. I am talking 40 minutes 4-5 days a week where you get your heart rate up and keep it up for at least 40 minutes. You'll shed weight like a maniac. The whole office does not need to know what specific diet you are on, nobody fuckin' cares.

3) Daytime road construction bothers me. Get this shit done at night when we are all asleep. Gas is fuckin' $3.00 a gallon, I don't need to burn the tank sitting in traffic watching one guy work while 16 others watch him in the middle of the day.

4) Greedy fucks who get engaged and have to have an engagement party, a bridal shower, and a wedding. How many fuckin' gifts do you really need? Just fuckin' get married and get it over with, I don't need to be showering your cheap ass with gifts for 2 years leading up to the wedding.

5) The price of gas going up a nickel every fuckin' day. ENOUGH already. I paid $2.74 for REGULAR 87 octane yesterday. Do I get a blow job with that fill up???

6) Listening to ugly and out of shape girls be really choosey about the guy they want. Just be fuckin' happy anyone would look at your sorry ass. Often I'll be at a restaurant or a mall and I'll hear these types of girls judging guys that walk by like their standards are so high. It amazes me that they expect guys to overlook their shortcomings like weight, yet they expect to land an underwear model and they judge men. Give me a break. Be happy anyone looks at you. If a toothless fucker with a peg leg tries to pick up on you, better take him up on it while your stock is still high.

7) People/friends who don't give you your change back when you buy something or give them money to pick something up for you. I've had many $20.00 ice cream cones and many $50.00 pizzas. Oh, how they conveniently "forget".

8) Cocksuckers who still pay for their groceries with checks. Douche NOZZLE, welcome to the 21st century!!!!!! Ever hear of a fuckin' debit card? Now my ice cream has to melt and I am forced to read "The Enquirer" while you give them your fuckin' life story on the check. These people should be dragged onto the road like Reginald Denny.

9) People at work that don't say hello when you look right at them and say hi. What the fuck is your problem? Perhaps they need to be taken outside with the check writers.

10) Nightly News. Show me a happy fuckin' story. I am tired of hearing about murders, rapes, riots, child molesters, kids falling out of windows, floods, hurricanes, celebrity news/gossip, robberies, and all that other bullshit. Somewhere, something good had to happen today.

What are some of your day to day annoyances?

13 comments:

Danielle said...

#2 and # 10 I am sooooooo with you on. All the crazy ass diets out there, people seem to get obsessed with them. And watching the news is depressingh ell there is always a rape or murder or something very negative going on. have a hood day charlie mc!

Hu Flung Pu said...

Although I dislike daytime construction.....Road-Head is a great way to pass the time.

Anonymous said...

1- People who are in such a hurry that they need to cut you off on the road, then drive 3 miles an hour.
2- People who know you are trying to get by them in a store, but ignore you, so then you have to say "excuse me" really loud.

I could go on quite awhile, but I'll just agree w/ your list..

Anonymous said...

LMAO. You're such a riot Charlie. I can't even think of any more cause you listed them all. LOL.

Molly said...

Things that bother me on a daily basis: When I answer the phone at work and the person they want to speak to is not available so I offer to transfer them to that person's VM and they act like it is a life or death decision and hem and haw for a good five minutes before saying yes. I have other things to be doing! And my other pet peeve is this one lady at work asks me EVERY day when I am going to go to lunch. I am the MOST scheduled person ever and I leave at exactly 1:03 EVERY day of the week, does she STILL need to ask every day?

supplymadam said...

Very good pst. I think you covered alot of things that bother me too. Like the voice mail thing. Just say "call me back". If you can leave all that info then just say what it is you have to say.
Nd when people conviently forget to give you back your change. So because you "forgot" to give me back "my" change,I have to feel like a "beggar" asking for my "own" change back.
And oh yeah, The engagment party, the shower,the wedding and all your kids birthdays thereafter? Especially the ones you don't associate with until it's "gift giving" time.
I have to comment on these women too who act like they're soooo deserving of a milktoast of a boyfriend or husband. They talk about some men in between potato chips.

Marie said...

Good list! LOL

I agree with about all of them but the last 2 stand out the most. I hate it when I look at someone, smile or say hi and there's NO acknowledgement back whatsover...that bugs me.

Darcey said...

People who aren't aware of their environment. The ones that stand up in the aisle at a baseball game and then debate who is going to go and get the $8 hot dog while blocking my view the entire time. Dammit, I'm trying to get a good look at Frenchie (Jeff Francoeur) and his awesome ass! Get out of my way!

kcterrilynn said...

I hate it when the elevator doors open and people try to get on before they let anyone off...and then they give you a dirty look because you made them step back. There should be elevator etiquette rules posted in the cabs.

Second, I hate it when a waiter/tress asks me if I need change before they even look at what I've left. The bill is $22.00 and I put down $40.00, bet your ass I want change. Don't assume that's all for you, honeypie. Even if I intended to leave them the change, I'll make them bring it back. And subtract a bit from it, just for spite.

Miss_Vicki said...

Awesome list! I think you'd get lots of blow jobs, all you gotta do is ask :op

Panthergirl said...

Oh MAN..... I am so with you on most of these.

The voicemail thing drives me crazy. Also, taking a page out of Ralph Cifarelli's book (from the Sopranos), my message says "LEAVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER EVEN IF YOU THINK I HAVE IT." I HATE having to go look up a fucking phone number (I don't have caller ID at work!)

Checks at the grocery store... OMG. I silently wish a case of rectal bleeding on those people.

Engagement, bridal shower, wedding... puhleeze. If the marriage lasts longer than 2 years you're lucky.
At least I didn't do that to people.

And the BIGGEST one is people at work who don't say hello. Every fucking day I get into the elevator and ACKNOWLEDGE the other human being standing there. 99% of the time they look at me like, "Do I know you?" I just don't get it.

The change thing cracked me up because I sent Lucas to buy 3 Italian ices when we were at a pizzaria with his friend last Friday night. I sat at the table and watched him pay the guy. I had given him $6 and he came back with nothing. I said, "How much WERE they?" And he said, "Oh, it was $4.25 but I told him to keep the change..."

Very generous kid, with MY money! LOL

Fred said...

Great list. The only thing I can add is when my in-laws call during the week to say they'll be over on Saturday. That ruins not only the weekend, but the two days that I'm thinking about it, too.

Shari said...

EVERY major highway or road in Colorado is having road construction done on it now. Gee I love that it takes me an hour to get to work instead of 20 minutes.

And I can't stand people that write checks either. Especially the dumbasses that pull the checkbook out when they have the total....while they are fucking waiting, the least they could do is start writing out the date, who the check is to, sign their name. But NOOOO!! Ususally it's the fat ugly lazy women that do this. :(