Tuesday, August 30, 2005

He/She Is The "Best"

Have you noticed that everyone you know has "the best" doctor, mechanic, accountant, plumber, contractor, dentist, etc? For instance, you tell a friend you are not feeling well and they refer you to their doctor and they will always say "Go to him, he's the best". What makes this guy the best? Is he giving out medications that no other doctor knows about? Is he dipping you in healing waters or the fountain of youth? I don't get it.

Well, somewhere out there the "worst" doctor has to exist and the sad part is, his/her office will be packed today. I mean, there HAS to be a bottom 10% of every graduating class. I would think knowledge is what separates a "good" doctor from a "bad" doctor.


Everyone's Doctor Is The "Best" Posted by Picasa

The same holds true for a car mechanic. Someone at the office will always tell you to go to a specific mechanic because "he's the best" and "he's honest". Everyone seems to know "the honest" mechanic, yet nobody ever seems to find them.

Have you also noticed that everyone "knows" someone? Every Italian you talk to has a "connection" to the mob, others seems to have an "in" at the DMV, the IRS, or some other institution. I think half of these people are full of shit if you ask me.

Who do you "know" or who does someone at your office "know"?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I told you I don’t want to visit that proctologist you go to weekly….Back off sista!

Anonymous said...

I'm just blogg surfing and tellin folks about my new blogg and website. It would be great if you could stop by and leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading my two cents. bsn supplement

Anonymous said...

Hi, I noticed you have a neat blog. I have one related to currency trading and trade the forex online. If you are interested in making money trading the forex, visit trade the forex online for some interesting articles.

Danielle said...

But I really am "the best." ;)

Jenni said...

Woah...attach of the blog spammers...bastards.
I truly do have the "best" chiropractor, but that was only after I visited the "worst" chiropractor. Also, my mechanic truly IS the "best." But only after I now know where the "worst" is.

Point being, you have to find the worst to find the best...right?

Vixen said...

I know I have the best "full service" massage therapist around ;)

Darcey said...

Well, I work at the newspaperpaper and know a helluva a lot of HR people in Atlanta. But it was really particularly helpful when I was in college and working at the college paper and knew all of the bar owners in town. I don't think I paid for a drink (or at least not many) from age 19 on. And fake ID? Hah. No need.

Oh, and I also know the owner of the strip club in Athens. She's a cool chick.

But other than that, my group of influential people I know is pretty small.

Kristi said...

I've been told I'm the Best!
does that count for anyhting?
Made me feel good anyway.

Heather said...

I don't have a mechanic because I work at a racing school. This means that there are about 20 mechanics who can fix any problem I have for the cost of parts within about 20 minutes. It's quite nice.

Oh, and I have the best dentist ever. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha... I'm like that with my doctor. She is the best. I've gone to so many terrible doctors that I've finally found one I love and refer all my friends to her. Every time someone has a particular ailment and needs a specific doctor they call me cause I always know someone. LOL.

Molly said...

I have to agree that you can only find "the best' after experiencing "the worst." At the moment I wouldn't qualify my mechanic, doctor, dentist, etc. as the best nor the worst...

As to connections...umm I can go see Wilco for free anytime I want and I know some baseball players, but that is about it for me.

supplymadam said...

When my hair is at it's best I've been told it's a good cut.I know my Jenny is not the best haircutter because there is always someone better. But after 10 years and 6 hair cutters later, I've stuck with her for 5 years now. She totally gets my wierd hairline.
My dentist retired after getting MS. It took him 4 years to sell his practice because he was looking for a great dentist to fill his shoes. He was in medical books for new procedures he invented. Plus dentists in Manhattan used to send their patients to him. I think the guy he picked is great too. He's a "concerned" guy with a fantastic sense of humor. Sometimes he makes himself laugh so hard he has to stop working. He should have been a stand up comic. Always fun to go there.