Monday, February 28, 2005

"LIFETIME" Movies

"Lifetime, TV for Women" is their slogan. We've all seen the movies on that channel. Where do they come up with some of this shit? I have a few issues with Lifetime:

1) Almost every male character in their movies is a rapist, a molester, an abuser, or something evil.

2) Meredith Baxter-Birney or Shannon Dougherty star in almost every movie. (Throw in Tory Spelling quite a bit too)

3) The jury always finds the woman "not gulity" when she snaps and kills her husband or boyfriend.

4) There is always a long drawn out drama where a woman meets a guy, he is soooo nice, then she marries him, he turns into this monster, then she makes many attempts to get away, calls upon a male "friend" to help her, who in turn, gets beat up by the bad guy. She then finds a way to kill the husband, then she is either not charged with the crime or the jury finds her not guilty at trial, then she ends up with the male "friend" aka the good guy at the end.

5) Most of these movies could be wrapped up in 90 minutes. Lifetime Network, however, likes to make each one an all day extravaganza. These movies start at like 1pm and run until 7pm.

6) The saddest part is that once you pass the channel on a rainy Saturday afternoon and see what's going on, you get sucked in sometimes and actually find yourself watching this crap. You fall asleep for three hours and wake up, the same movie is still on and barely anything has happened.

7) Every commercial is for Tampons, Douches, or Birth Control patches.

They should come out with a channel called "Dealing With Drama", Television for men. They could show long drawn out movies about crazy chicks, psycho chicks, and all the other stuff men have to deal with. Of course, to get a male audience, there would have to be tons of nudity and lots of beer commercials.......and the movie could only last for about 30 minutes.

24 comments:

CiaFai said...

I agree with you, but I'm guessing this is a station us women can watch and be like "You see, finally it's not our fault." But then again male or female, everyone is guilty. So I do agree with putting on some shows about the man suffering and winning. That's what regular television is for I guess. LOL. By the way, why are you watching chick flicks???

Charlie Mc said...

I occasionally stumble across this to see what propaganda women are watching. I must admit I get caught watching these from time to time when I pass them on the weekend. I am very heterosexual, but I occasionally get hooked on the drama.

Molly said...

I too was going to ask why you seem to be so familiar with Lifetime Movies :-) I personally always get sucked into the Brian Austin Green marathons...they do every once in a while show movies with him as a single Dad of some sort. The one where he is a musician and ends up living on a house boat with his baby from a one night stand is a personal fave!

supplymadam said...

I was gonna ask too how do you know so much about these shows?
Here's the name my husband made up for Lifetime TV "Ragtime TV" He made up another name but it's a little too vulgar to write. Maybe you can use your imagination. I guess we like to see people who are worse off than us.LOL

Bridget Unnel said...

Lifetime? Never heard of it. Nope, nope... not me. Never once. And no, Tori Spelling, you may NOT sleep with danger. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice info! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a info about secured credit card site. It pretty much covers info about secured credit card related stuff.
Come by and check it out later :-)

Anonymous said...

the kind of knowledge you need when dealing with this subject borrow money I will look out for more of your blogs borrow money

Anonymous said...

Hey have a great day, I'll be back to see yours again too. :)

Anonymous said...

it pretty much covers **t-shirt** related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a dog training shock collar site. It pretty much covers dog training shock collar related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about sales scams and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about sales scams so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about Plastic Chocolate Candy Molds
. You can check it out at Plastic Chocolate Candy Molds


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

Anonymous said...

2006 subaru wrx sti is another 2006 subaru wrx sti place to check out.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I also have a site about hawaii wake board
. You can check it out at hawaii wake board
.

Also, as a special bonus for your visitors, i want to tell you about a site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam! Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to see if you qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

Anonymous said...

Improve your daytime energy levels. Tone and build lean muscle.

Anonymous said...

I like the page you have here. Check mine out data recovery los angeles

Anonymous said...

Lose and SnoozeTM, Safe Weightloss

Anonymous said...

Lose and SnoozeTM! Weight Loss Guaranteed!

Anonymous said...

I love your cincinnati bengals quarterbacks blog! Check out my cincinnati bengals quarterbacks forum for lots of great cincinnati bengals quarterbacks info.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for offering this great service to learn about trashy lingerie model. I have a website about trashy lingerie model which makes me very interested in what you have going here. I think I am going to start up my own blog so I can spread the news! Thanks you are offering this great service!

Anonymous said...

Lose and SnoozeTM! Weight Loss Guaranteed!

Anonymous said...

Lose and SnoozeTM Weightloss Product by Affinity

Anonymous said...

Improve your daytime energy levels. Lose and Snooze guarantees a thinner, healthier you!

Anonymous said...

Burn fat and build lean muscle while you sleep. Experience deep restorative sleep.