Thursday, February 24, 2005

ATM Buffer Space

So what's the appropriate amount of space you should allow someone at an ATM. You know, you are waiting to use it and someone is using it. Is there a mathematical formula or proper etiquette to figure this out? I say at least 6 feet. I had a guy today that was practically breathing on my neck. It was very uncomfortable. I politely turned and asked him to step back and give me a little privacy. He looked annoyed but he did what I asked. I mean come on Mr. , you have to give me more that a foot of buffer zone! Why the hell would he think being right up against me was appropriate? Maybe he was gay and liked my ass a whole lot, I don't know....but it was freaky. Maybe the buffer zone should be the approximate height of the person using the ATM? Or just a standard 6 feet? Maybe far enough so if you mumble something bad about them they can't hear you? Ladies, you don't have to deal with this, but it's WORSE in a crowded men's room. Try peeing with a dude waiting for your urinal like 2 feet behind you, it sucks...that's why once again, I am a stall man!

4 comments:

rose said...

Hi Charlie, found you from the comments you left on Molly's blog.

I think 6 feet is probably a good enough leeway. I experienced a similar incident, and I literally had to turn my body around to face the person behind me, and that made him take a few steps back.

Charlie Mc said...

Welcome Heidi! :) I've checked out your blog as well, good stuff!

Molly said...

I say far enough that they couldn't reach out and touch you (to make you feel as though they aren't going to put on a skeleton mask and demand all of your money as soon as you input your pin #...one of those has been going around in my area of late...)

supplymadam said...

That's a great idea Chafai, stand up close to his when it's his turn.That'll learn 'em.