Thursday, February 03, 2005

Christmas in July

Back in 2003 the house next door to the house I lived in was demolished to the ground and rebuilt. This process took more than a year. During that year it was an around the clock construction HELL. Town ordinance stated the workers could only work between 9am and 6pm, yet they would start at about 630AM every morning, and yes, on weekends too. It was a nightmare. One particular morning at 7AM, my doorbell rang. I woke from bed and answered the door, it was one of the construction workers who said, "The cement trucks are coming to pour today, so unless you want concrete on your car, I suggest you move it out of your driveway." Nice and polite huh? I moved the car and as I walked up the driveway to go back in the house, the 6 months of hell (to that point) finally caught up with me. I started yelling at the foreman about the rudeness of him and his crew. He said, "Shut up or I'll make your life even more miserable." I said, "I'll make your lives a living hell." He was like, "How are you going to do that?" I said nothing and went in the house. Keep in mind this was a 90 degree July day. I proceeded to put these stereo speakers I had in my room (which faced the construction zone) in the window. I then loaded a chipmunks Christmas CD in the CD changer. I programmed it to repeat the "Hula Hoop" song. I then turned the volume up on the stereo to the max, left my room and went about my day. That song played for 9 straight hours at top volume. Needless to say, the workers never bothered me again..........

2 comments:

Molly said...

The scariest part? You readily had a Chipmunks Christmas handy in July... *laugh*

supplymadam said...

ya gotta love it! I want to try something like that.