Friday, February 18, 2005

Lending People Money

I believe in helping friends, family, or co-workers any way I can. Sometimes people ask you to spot them a few bucks. I think it's great when you can help a friend in need. Once I lend someone money, I am not the type to ask or remind someone to pay it back. I feel it is up to them to pay me back when they can. But what I hate is when you lend someone say $50.00 and it's been like two months and they never mention it again but they'll say, "Oh, I just bought the Back to the Future trilogy on DVD, what a sale, it was only $40.00." Or they brag about something else they just bought, all the while they still owe you money. That irritates me. Like if I borrowed $50.00 from someone and I have not payed them back for whatever reason, I'm not going to brag about shit I bought. I am going to keep pretending I am busted until I pay them back. I strongly believe that when you do a good deed for someone, you never bring it up or throw it in their face because it takes away from the deed, but it does piss me off when people only think of themselves and have no shame whatsoever. Then there are the people who borrow and just avoid you until they muster up the cash to pay you back, like they are ashamed or something. People are wacky I tell you.

1 comment:

supplymadam said...

Oh there's a subject I am familiar with.First off I have never asked a friend to borrow money,it just doesn't mix. I recently aquired a new friend last year whom I might add is forever crying poverty.Making me feel sorry for her. Okay she lives with her boyfriend(who works)she's on disability. Their rent is 650.00.(includes all) She is a very manipulative person that got me to lend her 80.00 back in November. So far I have seen 40.00. The rest of it will come as soon as she buys her kareokee machine,her singing lessons,her media cabinet,her Charmed DVD,her candle holders,her clothes(because they were all on sale) Each time I speak with her I get the low down of the days purchases and purchases to come. Oh did I mention they go to Atlantic City every year(it's a tradition) Last year they took 800.00 to gamble with and came back with nothing. Oh I also forgot another friend is going to help her with a few household chores next week and because she is also broke she is giving her money for her new eyeglasses as payment. I know this isn't my blog site but any input would be appreciated.