Thursday, September 08, 2005

"Stayin' Alive"

Why is it that EVERY time the song "Stayin' Alive" by The Bee Gees comes on at a wedding or in any other public forum, people choose to do that silly dance and point at the sky?


Wrong Song Fucko! Posted by Picasa

I was in a restaurant last week and it came on the radio and some dude was sitting at his table doing the point to the sky dance. I think the fact that John Travolta DID NOT dance to that song AT ALL in the movie is what annoys me the most. Stayin' Alive was played when he was walking down the streets of Brooklyn, not when he was dancing. The song he did the infamous dance to was "You Should Be Dancing" by The Bee Gees. Next time you see someone doing that dance to "Stayin Alive", punch them in the gut and say it was from me.

6 comments:

supplymadam said...

They are John Travolta wanna be's.

Hu Flung Pu said...

I love punching people in the gut.

Marie said...

That is so funny. I totally remember that scene of him strutting down the sidewalk at the beginning of the movie. LOL! Punching someone in the gut sounds like fun right now.

Natsthename said...

Tee hee. Didn't the guy inAirplane do that dance to the song? Maybe THAT is where everyone ripped it off!

Anonymous said...

great blog

http://chemjeff.blogspot.com/

erl said...

john travolta scares me.