Monday, September 19, 2005

"Bare" Necessities?

How do you issue hurricane victims $2000.00 disaster relief debit cards without restricting what they can buy on it? After all it is OUR tax dollars and our donated money being used.

Reports from Houston claim that these cards are being used at strip clubs and are being used to buy luxury items such as Louis Vuitton handbags. This is a fuckin' outrage!


Another Government Fuck-Up Posted by Picasa

The Red Cross and FEMA need to get their shit together. I can only imagine how much of our tax and donated monies are going to be wasted in the rebuilding of these areas. It's funny how America oversees all these other countries and what they do yet we can't get our house in order. Until the government gets their shit together, I am donating NO more money to help. My tax dollars are enough until the government appoints a Katrina relief CFO down south to account for every dollar that is being donated to ensure our money is not being wasted and that fraud is not being committed.

5 comments:

Panthergirl said...

Charlie... you can donate directly to families in shelters by going here:

http://gracedavis.typepad.com/katrinablog/

You can also donate to Noah's Ark to help rescue the abandoned animals. I am also reluctant to believe that MOST of the people getting that $2000 are going to piss it away. I think this is propaganda, just like the publicity about the looters.

We all need to help.

supplymadam said...

I gave to the Red Cross and then to the ASPCA. Now I am sending money to the Little Shelter in Huntington,NY. They took 17 cats and dogs back here and are going back for more.

Heather said...

Fair tax, fair tax, fair tax...

I need to get educated and you and I can take on the world, Charlie and talk everyone else into it.

Anonymous said...

And if there were restrictions on those debit cards you can bet they would be cying about that too. How much hand holding can the government do?

Darcey said...

That is exactly why I donated my money directly to friends in need and friend who were housing families in wake of Katrina. And I also am donating a lot in the from of non-monetary stuff (clothing, linens, etc).