Friday, September 16, 2005

*500* A Milestone Here at the Beach

It was slightly over eight months ago and now exactly 500 posts ago that I started this little corner of the world known as "Bored at the Beach". Along the way I've had the pleasure of getting to know all of you and had a chance to express myself in a completely different forum. It's been an amazing experience.


A Milestone Here At "The Beach" Posted by Picasa

Eight months isn't that long of a time, but so much can happen in our lives in such a short period of time. Since January 13th, the day of my first post, I've experienced so many things as I am sure all of you have. I've gone through the full range of emotions and feelings in this time and I feel as though I've grown and learned a great deal. Since my first post, I've welcomed new friends into my life and said goodbye to others. Through the bitter cold of winter, the rebirth of spring, and the oppresive heat of this past summer, I've shared my thoughts each day with all of you. I appreciate everyone's continued support of the site and everyone's continued participation. I know I've slowed a bit with visiting everyone's site daily like I used to, but things have been hectic here. I am going to do my best to start visiting all of you more consistently. In the inerim, I hope I can keep you all entertained and coming back each day.

I've touched on many topics ranging from daily observations, silly scenarios, politics, likes and dislikes, and a personal story here and there. I like to keep a nice blend of stories flowing on here and I'll continue to mix it up. Hopefully you will all keep coming around for my next 500 postings. Thanks to all of you for making this such a wonderful experience and for your participation.

The journey here at "The Beach" is just beginning....hang around and let's see where it takes us......

22 comments:

Danielle said...

Congrat's!!! I will definitely be hanging around, love the blog and your insight on different things, plus of course, your humor. -D

Heather said...

Yaaaaaay!

I'm nearing my 100th post and I have been thinking about what to say too...

I'm glad I found you, Charlie! Clicking "Next Blog" can work out sometimes!!!

kcterrilynn said...

Quite the milestone, Charlie, congrats. Your posts have a way of making me smile, think, ponder, laugh...keep 'em coming.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Charlie! I hope to read 500 more of your great posts. :)

Peanutt said...

I've got my flip flops, bathing suit and towel, so I'll be sticking around for the next 500...God willing!

Danielle said...

I am sitting back, relaxing, and enjoying the ride...

Thanks C-Mac!

Vixen said...

WOW 500 posts! You rock Charlie! I look forward to chilling with you at the beach during your next 500 posts. :)

Marie said...

Congratulations on hitting 500 posts!! I've very much enjoyed visiting you over the months and getting to know you better. Your site is one that I visit frequently because of the diversity in your posts and the smiles you put on my face. :)

Celina said...

Congratulations, and I appreciate your amusing, interesting, and thought-provoking posts! *cheers* to another 500!

Panthergirl said...

Congrats, Charlie!! You know how much I love it here. Looking forward to the next 500!

supplymadam said...

Wow 500 posts! That's infriggincredible. You sure have alot to say. Thanx for all the insight and inviting me to share. It's been a great experience and looking forward to many more. Congradulations on a job well done.

Jillian said...

Congrats!!!!! I'm glad I found your blog. It's a daily stop for me!!

Natsthename said...

Bravo, chap! (in a fake British accent) Keep up the great posts!

Bridget Unnel said...

Happy Milestone to you,
Happy Milestone to you,
Happy Milestone to you-oooouuuuu,
Happy Milestone to you!!!

Hu Flung Pu said...

I'm never bored at the beach

True Jersey Girl said...

Congrats on 500! Here's to 500 more!

Your Mother said...

I'm a new fan. I'll be back! Great Blog!

Fred said...

Wow - that's a lot of posts. And many times, you do it twice a day. I can barely think of something to write once or twice a week.

Congrats - looking forward to the next 500.

No-L said...

I just posted my 50th posts and thought that was a lot. Then I come over to yours and you've got 500, holy shit, now that's a lot of posts!

Your blog is entertaining and seems very genuine, which I really like. So I look forward to the next 500!!!

bob said...

dude, shouldn't you be working?

btw, noticed that 90 percent of the comments are from women. nice one.

Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Congrat's also!!

Your blog was one of my first visited and you a reader of mine, at my beginning. Thank you! I do wish you the best and hope there will be many many more posts to come.

Just hit a 100 myself, the other day. It is wonderful all can express and enjoy each other. Hope that will continue for all.

Thanks - for many things. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie - congrats on your 500th post. Lots of time and dedication. Even though we don't agree on all things, I like that you allow everyone to write what they want even when we are anonymous in a sense. I've really enjoyed your humor along w/your friends and hope to keep coming back to the beach!