Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Super Size Combo Meals

I know this has been written about to death with the obesity crisis in America and all, but I have to say a few things about "super-sized" fast food meals. First of all it's a total rip-off. You get like 10 extra fries and about 8 more ounces of beverage. A real super-sized meal would be like an extra 8 ounces of beef in the burger, a bun that looks like something out of the Flintstones, a full tray of fries, and a gallon jug of soda...that's a super-sized meal. It is true that portions have gotten larger. At McDonald's, the small soda cup today used to be the large back in the late 70's/early 80's when I was a small kid. I remember back like 5 years ago when they came out with "super-size", I was at a McDonald's drive thru and the girl asked if I wanted it super-sized, so I said what the hell, ok. When I pulled up at the window to get my food I needed two hands (and my hands are huge) to grab the drink. I asked if she had a leather strap for it like the horses have for the feed bags. Does anyone really need 32 ounces of soda with a meal? How about 7-11? I remember the "Big Gulp" years ago, it was the mother of all drinks at 32 ounces. But that wasn't enough for some so they came out with the "Super Big Gulp" which looks like the bucket I wash my car with. Who is drinking these buckets of soda? I'm not familiar with any deserts here on Long Island that someone needs to cross to get to work where they may feel they need a gallon of cola in case they are stranded for a few days. I have an idea, if anyone should super-size, how about the local Pub? Now a super-sized Hennessey I can deal with. A super-sized pizza would be great also at the local pizzaria. Throwing in 10 extra fries and watering it down with 8 ounces of cola is a scam, that's not a super-sized meal.

1 comment:

supplymadam said...

Supersize it! We are talking food here are we not? What a society of gluteney. We not only need bigger food but bigger cars,bigger houses and bigger egos. They can keep their big everything. Who cares? Let them be fat cows. I just want comfort and a little fun. Let them all max out. If they so choose.