Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Garbage Pail "Thank You"

I always wondered what the "thank you" on the garbage pails at fast food places, coffee shops, etc. was for. Are they thanking me for my business or are they thanking me for getting up off my ass to dump my tray and garbage? Or is it just a "thank you" for being the kind and caring guy that I am? haha Don't you hate the people that leave their trash on the table that think they are in a 5 star restaurant and the bus boy is going to clean up after them? It amazes me how lazy some people are. I think there should be a big THANK YOU on the exit door of every business. I want to feel appreciated at Wendy's or Taco Bell. I want to feel like part of the Starbucks family after spending $24.50 on a small coffee.

2 comments:

Molly said...

I think it is meant as a "thank you for not being a litter bug" Then again if you get close enough to read that you should really alter your trash depositing habits, you are a little TOO close.

Unknown said...

I think the "Thank you" is for buying a high quality burger and not a fun-sized snickers bar. Otherwise you'd be having people stop by at your wendy's office.