Monday, January 24, 2005

"Bad Company Corrupts Good Character"

So, I was up so early Sunday Morning because I couldn't sleep. Many naps later in the day made up for it. As I was in bed Sunday Morning I was flipping through the channels on my TV. I came across one of those Sunday Morning sermons. Those of you who know me well know that I am not very religious. I believe in God and many things, I just don't go to church. On any account, I came across this guy preaching. He was a young guy, maybe 35. He was talking about something that caught my attention because it is true. He said "Bad company corrupts good character." I thought about that for a minute and realized how true that is. How many times in life do we keep people around out of habit, people that are not good for us? People that are negative and don't help us think positively or help us be all we are capable of being? We can look at it from all angles, from a good child who gets involved with people that influence him/her to get into bad things, from a person who stays in an abusive (mental or physical) relationship because they believe they love that person, or people who stay friends with people who bring out the bad rather than the good in each other. I think everyone has their flaws and when you love someone, whether it be a significant other or a friend, you have to help them and overlook some things. I am talking about people in your life who bring you down, don't help you to achieve your dreams, people who don't bring light or positive things into your life, people who make you sad all the time, people who mistreat you, people who put themselves before you, etc. It really made me think. I hate to see good people influenced or somehow corrupted by bad people. Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those will be corrupted if they choose to be corrupted. I believe people become corrupted because they want to. For me if they dont want to be corrupted then they wont. Sometimes a person is in a tuff situation but the choice is always there.

supplymadam said...

I agree with SugarV. You do have a choice however there are some people who do not have the ability to think highly of themselves which is a learned process. You either learn young or learn the hard way. That's why there is psychology. It's a shame when someone lets that happen to themselves. You have only one life. I say if someone wants to bring you down with them,you either go there with them or it's time to say "Bye Bye".