Monday, October 03, 2005

C-Mac's Weekend Roundup

I don't usually get too much into detail about what I do on weekends and stuff, but I figured I'd mix it up a bit this Monday.

First things first, CONGRATULATIONS to the NY Yankees for winning the AL Eastern division for the EIGHTH year in a row. It was a tough climb, but you guys did it. There were many times throughout the year when I thought the Yankees were finished, but they proved me and many others wrong. It's off to California now to take on the Angels in round 1 of the playoffs. Good Luck Yankees!!!!!


AL East Champs Again!!!!!! Posted by Picasa

Each year my hometown of Long Beach, NY has "Irish Day" on the first Saturday of October. This year was no exception. Irish Day starts off with a parade at noon and continues all day and night with a street fair which includes tons of food, truckloads of alcohol, games, and other fun activities. I went to the West End of town and took part in the festivities for a bit on Saturday. As usual it was a blast! One of the many reasons I love Long Beach so very much. In addition, I hit some garage sales in town and actually picked up a pretty nice bike which I will use for the boardwalk on days that I don't feel like running.


Fifteen Blocks of Bedlum Posted by Picasa

Some of you that chat with me off the blog know my parents are staying at my home for the next few weeks. They are kinda "in between" houses right now and are waiting for their new place to be ready. They came last Wednesday and are staying until early November. It's kind of strange in a way, being that I haven't lived with my parents since I was 20. It's good to have them stay since I would only see them once a month or so. I am sure I'll look back on this month years from now and be thankful for the time we got to spend together. Bruce is loving the company all day when I am at work. He no longer has to spend my work day alone being my parents are with him all day. He is being spoiled even more than he already was. He loves my parents and gets even more attention now. Speaking of Bruce, many of you have mentioned that I haven't posted a pic of him in a while, so here we go, a pic of Bruce lounging on the couch on Sunday afternoon.


Bruce resting on Sunday afternoon Posted by Picasa

Other than that, I joined a fall baseball league a couple of weeks ago. It's been fun, but painful. Painful you ask? Well the first week, I was playing my normal position of 1st base and a ball was hit to our 3rd baseman. He made a bad throw to me at first which took a nasty hop off a rock and hit me in my right eye. I had a black eye for about 2 weeks. It gets better. Last week we played a game in 30MPH winds with monsoon rains. I had just hit a single and was on first base. The next batter hits a ground ball to shortstop, he throws to second to force me out and was set to throw to first to complete a double play. I went in hard on the 2nd baseman to break up the play (which I did) but during the collision with the much bigger/fatter 2nd baseman, I pulled a ribcage muscle and bruised my ribs. So basically I have been wearing a wrap/brace around my body for a week and I am in pain 24/7. Needless to say I can't play tonight. I haven't even been able to do my normal running which is killing me. With my parents around and their food influence, I feel like I am gaining weight by the minute. Something has to give here!!!!!!!

So, that's my deal right now. Thought I'd share a little "personal" stuff for a change.

11 comments:

Danielle said...

Bruce is such a cutie pie!!! omg I just want to squeeze that lil guy!!! glad u had a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you got hurt. But hey, let's go Yankees!! Tell Bruce that Gwen says "hi".

Heather said...

Ouch. Just ouch, Doll.

PS-I love Brucey. I'm just talking to you to get to him. ;)

Jillian said...

Ouch! That has to hurt! Bruce looks so comfy!! sounds like you had a great weekend!!

Danielle said...

I was so excited about the Yankee successes! Our predictions for them from last week came true. Yay!

Glad you and Bruce are having a nice time... Try to take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

I bet your parents love being w/you. We just moved my Dad from San Diego 2 weeks ago to ABQ and he's living w/my sis for 2 months while his house is getting built. We have enjoyed him so much and you're right, you'll look back and feel so blessed that you've had this time w/them. (Bruce is gonna miss them!)

Miss_Vicki said...

That dog is so damn cute!!!

That's really cool of ya to have your parents stay - I agree, it'd be weird, as I recently spent 10 days with mine, but I bet the doggie loves it.

And fuck those Yankees ;)

Hu Flung Pu said...

Irish Day in LB is fun. Nothing like bringing a few drunk girls back to the house for an afterhours party. I always loved the Irish festival.

supplymadam said...

Oh Bruce looks like he had too much Irish Festival.
Sorry about your baseball injuries. My husband played for many years(3rd base) and we saw our share of injuries. One time one of the guys on his team was running to 3rd and the 3rd baseman caught the ball and the guy slid in on his back and he came down right on his face with his knee and broke the guys nose and they had to call an ambulance. Another time my husband was walking behind someone holding a bat and he decided to take a practice swing and clocked my husband right above his eye that required 5 stiches.
Scary stuff so please be careful. Don't forget to stretch first.
So Bruce has live in nannys for a while. He must be loving it.

Panthergirl said...

Comment spam takes all forms, doesn't it? ("I never really thought about it that way" ???)

Anyway..... YAY for our Yankees, Bruce is a doll-baby, and I hope all goes well with the parental units. If my mother was staying with me for a month I'd swallow a bottle of Drano. Sorry to hear about your injuries!! But what? No black eye picture??

Admin said...

Ouch. Feel better soon!