Friday, October 07, 2005

And The Beat Goes On......

Well, it is Friday once again and another week is in the books. I hope everyone enjoys the weekend ahead.

Today, no pictures in my post, no silly anecdotes, no President Bush jokes, and no silly obeservations. Let's talk serious at the beach for a change.

When will people finally realize that in the end, we are all judged based upon our own merits rather than holding others down or trying to make others look bad? All too often in business and in life, people stomp on others to make themselves look good. It's a short term high, because in the end, people's true colors come out. I feel sorry for people like that. People with no principles, no confidence, and no purpose. They meander through life with no purpose or sense of direction and only achieve their high in the face of someone else's low. They are a sad breed. They are always seen for who they are in the end....that's the good part.

I like people who have convictions, people who are loyal, people who don't sell out in the face of adversity, people who stand for what they believe in despite the consequence or the injustice they face for it, and people who are genuine.

Me, I am the kind of person who is loyal. When I love someone, or when I am passionate about something, I see them/it through. I don't bail no matter how much adversity is thrown my way. I battle for the people I love and for the things I believe in and I'd never sell out or sell someone out to take the heat off myself. I don't try to make myself look good by bringing others down. I don't try to make myself look good.period. I like to be judged on my character, my loyalty, my actions, my passion, and for my convictions.

Life throws us all kinds of curveballs. We come face to face with people of poor character all too often. If we believe in ourselves, in our dreams, and in the people and principles we hold dear, there's nothing we can't overcome.

The beat goes on.........

21 comments:

Kristi said...

WEll said Charlie!
you are a true spirit and it shows.

Hu Flung Pu said...

This is a sad day here at the office Cmac. Mr. Pu has learned much from you.

supplymadam said...

Looking forward to many more posts because you have always been an inspiration.xxxoo

Jillian said...

Great post Charlie! I agree with you 100%

Anonymous said...

Very well said Charlie. People often disappoint. Why can't everyone be more like you?

Have a wonderful weekend.

Heather said...

That was great, Charlie.

If we could all be a little more genuine, the world could be a much better place...

Thank you....
Good luck....

Darcey said...

*Hug*
My best response to that post.

Unknown said...

Amen Brother!

ThatIsMeWhat said...

A good person/friend is hard to find! When I find one, I keep them around forever.

bob said...

As Paul McCartney said, it's a fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder. Nice post C.

Becky said...

I want to bottle you and sell you.

Miss_Vicki said...

I think about 100 women just fell madly in love with you ;)

I admire you for being true to yourself, being loyal to others and taking pride in yourself and your actions. Props to you. People like you I have the utmost respect for. How on earth did you become a Yankees fan? ;)

Christie E. Little said...

Maybe 101.

Loyalty, Conviction...and Passion.

You just spill it out on here and I get it. I don't post everyday, but you're one of the good ones.
xoxo
C

The Diva ♥ said...

well done c, i couldn't have said it any better.
btw i was wondering what happen to your vote thingabob. what will i do on mondays now :)

Southern Sweetheart said...

I love this post Charlie...spot on.

Panthergirl said...

Charlie... what happened?? This is clearly not just an arbitrary post on loyalty...

Anonymous said...

after reading your numerous bush hating post you sound a little hypocritical. you wrote and i quote
"I like people who have convictions, people who are loyal, people who don't sell out in the face of adversity, people who stand for what they believe in despite the consequence or the injustice they face for it, and people who are genuine." these traits apply very much to the president yet when they show your hate anger and ridicule fills your blogs yet president Clinton who has none of these traits you love. go figure.

Charlie Mc said...

first of all, President Bush is FAR from genuine. The man does what's in HIS best interest, not the country's.

About sticking to convictions, I believe in that very much, in the President's case, his "convictions" as you call them have cost America 2000 lives. There's a difference between sticking to convictions and being flexible and open minded when something isn't working.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, interesting post. These are the type of posts I'd love to know what provoked such deep thoughts. The kind of thoughts that only close friends understand. Hope all is better now that the weekend has past since I'm writing this 5 days later.

Anonymous said...

Learn how to quickly create an RSS feeds with our RSS feeder, for high link popularity and ultimately better search engine rankings.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a anxiety math site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)