Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thursday Thoughts

I wonder who's voice that is on all the office voice mail systems, cell phone voice mail systems, etc. You know the voice, that woman who says stuff like "to leave a voice mail message, press one, when finished hang up or press 3 for more options." Just like our ring tones, we should get to pick the voice that gives phone mail instruction or directions to callers. Just a thought. I kinda get tired of hearing that woman's voice on every system, they should change it up a bit. Maybe a seductive ho's voice, perhaps a deep Barry White type voice, a cartoon character's voice, etc. I'd pick the Keebler Elf dude's voice just to fuck with people. Or maybe the Pillsbury dough boy's voice.

So, the dress code at my "new" job is "casual" which really means what? I meet with suppliers, vendors, and sales reps frequently so I dress in a shirt and tie each day with dress pants. The reaction I have gotten from a few others in the office has been strange. Everything from, "we're not used to having someone all dressed up in purchasing" to "do you have an interview after work?" Weird.

Now that I am back in the technology field, I notice that more and more of the calls I make to suppliers end up in some third world country where the jobs are outsourced. Whatever, I am not going to get all political, but I wish these fuckos would learn to comprehend the ENGLISH language. I had some fucko on the phone yesterday for 30 minutes for a call that should have taken 10. I had to SPELL every fuckin word for him because he could not comprehend. I am not talking about national spelling bee words here either, I am talking words like MAIN STREET and shit like that. This guy was a fuckin' moron. I wanted to climb through the phone and kick his ass. I hope he gets his balls dragged over 5 acres of rusted tin can lids, then gets dipped in vinegar, that fuck.

On a lighter note, I keep hearing that Van Halen is reuniting. The original Van Halen with David Lee Roth. This has been a dream of mine for 20 years. I would sleep outside for days for tickets to a show. What band would you love to see reunite?

And finally to L-HA....as Michael Kay would say.......SSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YA! Rocky may have had five movies (and a sixth on the way next summer), but this drama series ends after a long trilogy that spanned two years. Part one was terrible, part two was pretty good, part three was the best of them all and was rolling along just fine until creative differences got in the way. Good luck on your next project. Perhaps your next project will allow you to have full control of the set, the storyline, and everything else......something you seem to have to have.

I hope everyone's Thursday is just dandy.......I plan on having a great one!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I hate people who say shit just to hear themselves speak."

Love it! LOL.

Vixen said...

The Van Halen with David Lee Roth reuniting?! Is this information from a reliable source? Oh that would ROCK! Email me if you find out more!!!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
afromabq said...

I am just dandy - and I'm glad I'm not L-HA. (I just wrote that to hear myself talk) :).

ThursdayNext said...

Chaz - Perhaps your colleagues are jealous as to the way you happen to fill out a suit and tie? Just a Thursday Thought. - Amester

Darcey said...

I love seeing people all dressed up for work. Ours is fairly business casual (i.e., nice pants and tops, but suits not required) with jeans-Fridays, but there are days like today when I just felt like pulling my suit out of the closet. I feel much more polished when I'm all pulled-together in my black suit and little teal camisole peaking out...

Katherine said...

They're just jealous idiots that don't know the trend is to once again dress more professionally, i.e., lose the khakis and polo shirts, dudes. Your story reminded me of my numerous phone calls to Dell - which I know are outsourced to India - yet every time I called I got a "Jason" or "Stacy" with a pretty much incomprehensible Indian accent. Yea right those were their REAL names. How stupid does Dell think we are?

Debi said...

Oh I feel your pain...EVERYTIME I call one of those companies I end up saying "Is there anyone in that building that actually KNOWS the english language? Because yeah um this sucks!!!" They usually get mad and transfer me to an equally difficult person! ARGH!

supplymadam said...

Happy Thursday!
A guy I used to work with's wife used to do the voice mail voice. She still may I don't know. She used to work for Periphonics that did that. They were both in radio at one time and they met at WBAB radio.
Why can't we have a nice voice like that when calling for thech support? Damn that outsourcing. We are our own worst enemies.
I have nothing to comment on the dress code because right now I am in my sweats and working hard. Although I was in a suit this morning. I love the home office thing.
Most of the bands I would like to see back together...hmmmm
Most bands I would like to see back together are either too old or dead.

R said...

What happened to the dress codes?? I see alot of people in jeans, WTF?

What does AOL stand for? Africa on line?

Unknown said...

Who are you kidding you would pick Elton John's voice