Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Rare Saturday Post

Hey! I was inspired to write after a Friday Night/Saturday of shopping and booze. In my clothes shopping travels, I stumbled into a music store to purchase Damian Marley's CD "Welcome to Jamrock." If you love reggae, it's a must have. While in the music store browsing the reggae section, the sales clerk picked up a cd and asked, "do you know of this artist?" In her hand was a CD that read "Matisyahu." I responded, "no, is he good?" The clerk told me he was a new reggae phenomenon. I took her word and bought the CD. I popped it in the stereo when I got home and was REALLY impressed. Matisyahu is actually a Hassidic Jewish reggae artist. No joke! I did some research about this dude on the internet and he is building up quite a following. The album titled "LIVE at Stubb's" is a really really good listen. If you are a reggae fan, pick this disc up asap! Here is a song from the cd called "King Without a Crown."

K, I have a Grey Goose calling my name....enjoy Matisyahu!


King Without A Crown
By Matisyahu

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Crown Heights...thats right by me....

True Jersey Girl said...

My friend just recommended that guy to me, saying that this Hasidic guy was the best reggae artist he had heard in years...I was like, dude, you have had too much to drink. Then I heard him...he's really good!

Heather said...

He's awesome...

Hope you're having a good weekend, Doll.

Christie E. Little said...

I soooo needed this entry. I was in Grand Cayman two weeks ago just and I discovered something. There's nothing like kicking back with a nice little cocktail and friends...while listening to some reggae.

Perfect.

supplymadam said...

wow how about that? There's something soothing about reggae and he is really good.
Now where is that pina coloda?

WordWhiz said...

What's up with the weather around here these days?? We're getting a taste of every season over the course of a few days!!