Monday, January 30, 2006

Hooked on a Feeling......

Happy Monday to all! I don't think anyone loves the feel of a Monday. I know I don't. But, there are so many things in life that make up for the awful feel of a Monday. I decided to make a list of things that make me feel great, things that give me the feelings I get "hooked on."

1) The NYC skyline. I am a native New Yorker, but I never ever get tired of looking at the NYC skyline. There's nothing like coming back from a road trip out of state and approaching New York and observing that majectic skyline from a distance. Each night, when I drive home from work and head across the bridge into Long Beach, as I look west, I can see the NYC skyline on the horizon and it always makes me smile. Sure, NY is stressful and a pain in the ass at times, but there is such a pride associated with being a New Yorker, that skyline truly brings out that pride.



Always a great sight...... Posted by Picasa

2) Driving in my car and having a song that I love come on the radio. Come on, we've all been there, singing at the top of our lungs, banging the steering wheel like a drum, looking down at the speedometer and realize you are doing 80 when you thought you were driving at 50. It's a rush.

3) Cooking/entertaining. I love cooking and having my friends or family come over to enjoy a nice meal. Whether it be a small gathering or a huge party, I enjoy hosting and having people over my home to enjoy themselves.

4) Making people laugh. We all have our own issues to deal with daily. Whether it be family drama, relationship issues, work problems, life is never perfect. I enjoy telling a joke or two and making someone forget their problems, even if it's only for a few minutes. I appreciate when someone does that for me as well.

5) Seeing my dog's face and reaction when I come home from work or being out. When I open my front door and look up the stairs to see Bruce's tail wagging 100MPH, it is just unreal. He then starts jumping on me, following me everywhere and running to his toy box to pull out a bunch of toys to ask me to play. No matter the day, Bruce's love and reaction is genuine.

6) Falling in love. Probably THE best feeling in the world. Getting to know someone, taking things at a nice pace, really connecting with someone, it does not get any better. It goes beyond "the butterflies" for me. It's the comfortable feeling and connection you have with someone way beyond the "new" feel of the relationship.

7) Great conversation. Whether it be with a love interest, a co-worker, a friend, a family member, or a stranger on the train, a conversation that evokes thought and allows me to see a different perspective on an issue or about life is an amazing feeling. I am not one for small talk, give me a good, deep conversation anyday.

8) Wearing a new outfit for the first time. Great huh? You go shopping and find some great new clothes, tell me wearing them out the first time isn't a great feeling?

9) Going to the movies and seeing a movie that just stays with me well after watching it. There's nothing like being captivated by a movie for two hours or so only to sit there in the seat for a few minutes after it ends really absorbing it all and then really thinking about the message you got from the movie all the way home and beyond.

10) Running. Although it can be trying at times, there's nothing like the feeling during a great run. The music in my ears, the people out and about on the boardwalk, the sweat dripping down, and the feeling of invincibility. The best part of the run, the feeling about an hour later, cleansed, energized, and clear minded.

11) Writing. When I have an idea or a story to tell and can put it into words for others to read and enjoy, it's a great feeling. The best is when I write something you all can relate to or a story that really hits home with you all.

12) The "pre-game" warmup. Before a night out with friends, the moderate drinking ritual while I get ready. Drinks, loud music, getting dressed, and getting ready to take on the town. A great feeling indeed.

13) Sex. An obvious one huh? Not really. I am not talking about sex just for the sake of it. I am talking about sex when you are REALLY into a person, when you feel comfortable with them, when they really know your body and you theirs. When there is passion, a conncetion both mentally and physically...truly addicting.

14) A deep and restful sleep. When you can fall asleep with a clear mind, knowing you don't have to get up early the next day and you are just at peace with yourself and the world around you.

15) Finishing a very long blog.......enough said!!!!! :)

Have a great day everyone!

11 comments:

Vixen said...

Every single one of these rocks Cmac! Great List!

Anonymous said...

yeah, i still don't believe you cook charlie. when are you making me dinner? lol.

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention that you are "hooked on" creamy canolis and they make you feel great.

Heather said...

Ooo, I like these!

Morning, Charlie!

supplymadam said...

So you never have search further than your own backyard. There's no place like home.

afromabq said...

Totally amazing list! Charlie, whoever takes your heart will have to be one remarkable woman, 'cause you're deep. Deeper than most guys I know.

ThursdayNext said...

Dear Chaz~
Your description of our skyline was perfect. I never tire of driving into the city on the L.I.E. and looking at the skyline just before the tunnel...its heavenly.
~ Tiny Amester

Peanutt said...

I agree with all of them except the running. I have never been able to get into running. I've tried, but have failed. I do aerobics so I will put that in place of running. Feeling good after a workout is good.
Very nice post...yes, monday moods..all I wrote today for my blog is Blah. LOL.
Have a great day C!!!

Katherine said...

But why is it that whenever I'm listening to that really great song, going 80mph when I think I'm going 50mph, there is a cop in the vicinity? It's happened TWICE!

Jenni said...

I'd have to say sex and the new outfit thing are very close on the scale for me...that and finishing a marathon.

Marie said...

These are all great! I love the photo, by the way. It truly is an amazing skyline. I can't wait to visit this year.